collapse

Author Topic: Underwater video taping !!!!!!!  (Read 3530 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Underwater video taping !!!!!!!
« on: July 26, 2010, 05:21:38 PM »
Hey all as most of you know I will not be doing any hunting for awhile so I am getting into underwater video, if you were following the other thread I am starting the sign up sheet, it will have to be shore dives for a bit while I have some work done to the boat. I ideally we should have at least 6 to 10 ft vis for it to came out at all decent. So pick a date and pm me and we will get this going. at first I will you tube them tell I can get a good movie editor program and then I will put onto DVD/CD for you to keep all I ask is you buy lunch and drive. I can do free dive or scuba ! cell 707-478-1504  FYI this is not a business it will be more like I am tagging along with you on your dive to video I am not guiding ! I say this for liability reasons.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

Re: Underwater video taping !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:43:50 PM »
 Matt next time I hit the water I will swing through and pick you up. How do you feel about doing some vid work at the Triton X in september as long as conditions are good? I will pay for camping and you can ride up with me...Let me know bro.
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:01:51 PM »
sure jason  :icon_thumleft:
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:57:45 PM »
at first I will you tube them tell I can get a good movie editor program and then I will put onto DVD/CD for you

Sign me up.
I will give you a call in August or Sep.

I use windows movie maker, it came free with the computer windows XP, it is basic and easy to use.

But From what i here the apple Mac does it the best.

Offline RudeView

• RudeView
    • Rude View
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:04:19 PM »
I have just gotten into video recording all of my dives. I use a GoPro Hero HD camera that I wear on my head. It has a wide angle lens, and does a very good job in low light and poor visibility. It will take 2 1/2 hours of 1080 HD video before the battery runs out and uses a 32 GB memory card. It is waterproof down to 180' (past my limit) and only cost $300 at R.E.I. You can check out the first video I took on YouTube under "Trophy abalone hunting". For an editing program I use Pinnacle Studio 14 which costs around $100. It has received good reviews and so far I am very happy with the results.
There are lots of wrong ways to do the right thing, but no right way to do the wrong thing...

Offline livesinhumboldt

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 11:46:57 AM »
I have just gotten into video recording all of my dives. I use a GoPro Hero HD camera that I wear on my head. It has a wide angle lens, and does a very good job in low light and poor visibility. It will take 2 1/2 hours of 1080 HD video before the battery runs out and uses a 32 GB memory card. It is waterproof down to 180' (past my limit) and only cost $300 at R.E.I. You can check out the first video I took on YouTube under "Trophy abalone hunting". For an editing program I use Pinnacle Studio 14 which costs around $100. It has received good reviews and so far I am very happy with the results.

I wondered how you filmed that vid. Very cool with the head mounted camera. Did you use the"GoPro Head Strap Mount" ?
Bryan S.

chaeki

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 02:57:23 PM »

Rude, How much was the underwater enclosure?

Offline livesinhumboldt

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 04:32:41 PM »
Bryan S.

chaeki

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 04:36:21 PM »
that looks like for the motorsport casing, so that might not be the same one for underwater right?

no, your right, its the same housing across.... holy crap thats cheap, at one point I heard the camera w/o the housing was around the same price.... dang..

all you really need now is the headset mount and your done.

damn and I just bought a camera a few months ago, and its so damn bulky compared to the head mount... @^($&(!*@&%(@*#&
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:39:18 PM by chaeki »

Offline livesinhumboldt

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 04:41:36 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PAX9QU/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Don't know how well it would stay on while diving. I'm sure it could be modified and beefed up.
Bryan S.

Offline snaildiver

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 06:38:35 PM »
I purchased an earlier model of the Go Pro Hero for $110 a couple years ago.  Bad idea.  It ran on two AAA batteries.  I'm not sure why but the camera drained the battery so fast and 30 minutes into the dive, it would automatically shut down.  The recent model looks much better than the old model and appears to function 100% better.  So if you guys are thinking about getting the older model, don't.   
Alex L.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt