collapse

Author Topic: Water Visibility in Mendocino?  (Read 656 times)

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
Water Visibility in Mendocino?
« on: March 09, 2021, 09:24:59 AM »
Anybody been in, on or near the water this week. Wondering what the visibility is like from the rain runoff?
The ocean looks like it is going to flatten out this Fri and Sat.
Also is Albion campground open?

Offline Sea-Monkey

Re: Water Visibility in Mendocino?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 03:59:38 PM »
Albion should be open - I stayed there for Thanksgiving. The recreational docks are parked in the lagoon for the winter. Kayak launch is probably also closed for the winter. Might be worth a call anyway (707) 937-0606

Offline pclark

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 04:19:43 PM »
Water color looked killer today, but it was rough so I didn't dive.  As it lays down and stops washing away the sediment we will see how this weekend pans out, but I would guess it will be nice saturday.  Albion was open last weekend.

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 09:32:17 AM »
Thanks for the reply's!

Dove Albion Friday, 'It was a little sporty' Should have dove Saturday, 'much nicer'.
5 foot swells mixed with some 2 foot swells made for a choppy surface but at the bottom '60 feet' it was nice. 15 to 20 foot vis.

Campground is open but only half the spaces because of Covid. 

Offline SeaWolf

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 08:26:06 AM »
Made am evening dive in mendo yesterday, viz was 8-12 ft. Swell was 3-5ft NW so south facing coves were choice. I might try to get out again this weekend with this low pressure system moving in.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt