collapse

Author Topic: Caspar cave dive  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Re: Caspar cave dive
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 08:51:18 AM »
Go to Florida, that way I won't see you in my spots!

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 09:12:12 AM »
i couldn't stay. I dove those spots the evening before.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 11:16:51 AM »
If being a SCUBA instructor was worth anything, I'd still be doing it.  The more certified you are the less skill anyone that gets pared with you on a dive trip will have.  Even if you're cave certified, how many underwater caves are there in California?  I only know of one and only a fool would go into that cave ever. I've been in it.  There's nothing there but the possibility of not getting out. 

If you're going to do it though, go through PADI.  Make sure you don't have to go through a shop to continue teaching.  If you have to go through a shop it sucks.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 01:34:51 PM »
I'll just leave this here.

Offline John

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 05:51:07 PM »
only a fool would go into that cave ever. I've been in it. 

Lol
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. -Orwell

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 12:15:48 AM »
I found your cave today Gio.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 06:24:30 AM »

I became an instructor for the money. Said no one ever.....

Seriously though how do you make sure you don't have to be associated with a shop? I thought PADI required shop-instructor association.

I don't mean the money.  I mean SCUBA sucks.  When I was associated with an SSI shop and they started getting shadey I called SSI and they associated my license with the head office instead of a shop.  Perhaps PADI does the same thing.  Being associated with a shop, you have to promote that shop and everything it sells or does and there's always creative differences between dive professionals.  If you don't own your own shop, it's hard to find one you can get behind and even when you do, you'll see things that will turn you off to the dive industry.  It's the nature of the beast.  Dive for fun bro.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 01:42:11 PM »
That was the end result, but not the shady behavior I meant. The near death stuff happened well after I left.

As far as the nature of the beast, I don't like selling someone gear they don't need or won't like.  I don't like selling gear that I don't think is worth the price but if someone wants a certain brand or certain style you've got to sell it to them.  That's the nature of the beast.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:47:26 PM by Joshua R. »

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt