collapse

Author Topic: Nato or Zulu straps on F10?  (Read 882 times)

Offline dank

Nato or Zulu straps on F10?
« on: July 18, 2016, 02:34:30 PM »
Has anybody replaced their stock F10 straps with Nato or Zulu straps (or another type of strap for that matter)? I was looking online for information regarding F10 strap swaps but didn't see much.

Offline jjjjeremy

• Your resident swordsmith
    • ABSCALIBUR
Re: Nato or Zulu straps on F10?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 04:28:27 PM »
I've put them on the Geo 2.0 which is physically the same as the F10.  IIRC it's a little wonky, but it holds.  You can take out the pins with a screwdriver

Be sure to measure the lug width before finding a strap.  They're usually 18mm, 20mm, or 22mm.

If I remember, and I still have a strap that fits, I'll throw one on an F10 tonight and upload some pics.

Offline dank

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »
That would be awesome, thank you. I don't hate the rubber strap but I'm not in love with it either. Is there anything else tricky about the pins or is it really just as simple as taking them out? I know my own history of screwing up really simple things....

Offline jjjjeremy

• ABSCALIBUR
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:17:55 PM »
The lugs are 20mm, and it definitely works with a thin, cheap strap.  Heavier duty won't fit between the pin and the watch.  The strap I used is 1.25mm thick, and that's about the max it will take.  I think Target sells thin 20mm NATO straps for $8.

All you need are two fine point screwdrivers and you're set.  Easy as pie.

Offline dank

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 07:37:29 AM »
Perfect! That's just the information and visuals I needed! Thanks a lot.

Offline jjjjeremy

• ABSCALIBUR
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 09:32:41 AM »
No problem!

FYI, it looks ugly as sin.

Offline dank

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 04:04:53 PM »
FYI, it looks ugly as sin.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the aesthetics of the watch in general. It's all about the function. Aesthetically my tastes are beyond my salary.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt