collapse

Author Topic: GoPro - HERO Session HD  (Read 907 times)

Offline the_derek

GoPro - HERO Session HD
« on: July 29, 2016, 11:59:25 AM »
Hi Kids,

Is anyone diving with the GoPro Session? it looks like the depth is not good on it, but I have seen some after market cases for it. I just wonder if it is a better option because of its size.
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline ryang85

Re: GoPro - HERO Session HD
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 12:18:20 PM »
Hi Kids,

Is anyone diving with the GoPro Session? it looks like the depth is not good on it, but I have seen some after market cases for it. I just wonder if it is a better option because of its size.
I have an off brand called action shot and the thing is pretty awsome for the 60 bucks a paid. I bought it last year and have been 70 feet and had zero problems after 50+ dives. battery life isn't as good as go pros but I get about 90 minutes of vedio. it's pretty damn clear l for the price.   Ive had many people tell me the newer go pro versions are nearly identical to the off brand versions in quality but are 3 times the price.

Offline DG

GoPro - HERO Session HD
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 12:58:35 PM »
Not this one but tried the plain hero model but didn't like that the battery was not removable.  Lost that one in the ocean.  Then tried an off brand I got on Amazon and the video was okay it just didn't beep when I turned it on and off underwater and having it mounted on my mask I like to know when it's on and off from beeps without looking.  That camera would work ok if mounted to gun or kayak but not the mask.  I ended up with the 3plus and have been happy with it.  Not sure they still offer that one.  As for the one mentioned 33' is its limit so would not suggest for diving.  I had another waterproof camera before all the go pros and it was waterproof to 35' but it was damaged at 30' and I was out a camera until I finally got them to replace it under warranty but to much of a hassle.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:01:11 PM by DG »

Offline the_derek

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 11:09:32 AM »
Thanks Guys.
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 05:11:28 PM »
Not this one but tried the plain hero model but didn't like that the battery was not removable.  Lost that one in the ocean.  Then tried an off brand I got on Amazon and the video was okay it just didn't beep when I turned it on and off underwater and having it mounted on my mask I like to know when it's on and off from beeps without looking.  That camera would work ok if mounted to gun or kayak but not the mask.  I ended up with the 3plus and have been happy with it.  Not sure they still offer that one.  As for the one mentioned 33' is its limit so would not suggest for diving.  I had another waterproof camera before all the go pros and it was waterproof to 35' but it was damaged at 30' and I was out a camera until I finally got them to replace it under warranty but to much of a hassle.
so which do you think is better, the hero or the plus?? I wear it on my watch so i dont care about a beep , plus icant hear it.... But im thinking about buying my own.... Instead of always barrowing my friends!!!!

Offline DG

GoPro - HERO Session HD
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 07:58:04 PM »
I like the 3 plus but not sure they are selling.  The basic one works if you don't need the beeping.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt