collapse

Author Topic: Take a class  (Read 2506 times)

Offline dank

Take a class
« on: June 23, 2016, 02:17:30 PM »
Last weekend I took the FII Level 1 class with Kris and it was everything I expected it to be (which was good!). Much of the material I had read about before and some of it I was already putting into practice but the professional instruction was invaluable to my putting it all together. I think it instantly made me a better, safer diver and I can't wait to practice more of what I learned, as well as start looking into taking the Level 2 class (eventually).

The rescue techniques and other safety aspects are things that we should all know if we're in the water. They are simple but could make all the difference in the world in the event of a blackout or other emergency. Additionally, fine-tuning form and weighting makes diving more enjoyable and gave me more confidence in my abilities.

So let me add my voice to the many who have already said that taking a class is entirely worthwhile, especially with a teacher like Kris. I can't say enough about how he conducted the class for everyone, from those of us with some experience to a couple of others who had very little foundation.

I realize that a lot of this is echoing what has already been said but I believe it warrants repeating.

Take a class! You won't regret it! Money, time and distance be damned! 

Offline DG

Re: Take a class
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:19:31 PM »
  agreed

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »
AGREED !!!!! Kris is one of the best instructors I have ever come across !!! He makes each student feel good  about the goals and skills and manages to push each student diver to better themselves and their goals without making that diver feel stressed or pressured Kris makes it FUN !!!
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline BigJim

• No White Flags.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 02:25:54 PM »
X 100.

:)

Sincerely,

Jim

Offline the_derek

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 03:26:04 PM »
+1
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline LiveAlohaKris

• Know your limits, but never accept them
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 10:35:16 PM »
Thanks guys that means a lot! The best part is sharing the stoke with students and watching students improve!

Offline Rush

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 05:46:07 PM »
+1

Offline LiveAlohaKris

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 09:44:43 PM »
Sup everyone! Got another Level 1 class coming up on July 9-10. If anyone is interested let me know! I'm also thinking of having a mid week class July 6-7 which is a Wednesday and Thursday if I get enough students. Dive safe everyone and Happy 4th of July!

http://www.freedivinginstructors.com/fii/courses_by/kris.cortez

Offline LiveAlohaKris

One spot left!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 07:10:38 PM »
I got one more spot left for this weekend's FII Level 1 class! Contact me if your interested!

Offline bluedvr

• Displaced kala killer
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 08:43:25 PM »
Please post further classes, would love to try it out.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt