collapse

Author Topic: Freedive Recovery Vest  (Read 10640 times)

Offline StinkyPete

Re: Freedive Recovery Vest
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 09:06:46 AM »
I still need to test my frv out too...

Have cylinders, will travel.
Carpe piscem

Offline AquaManIvan

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »
Is this the one developed by Terry Maas?

Offline Yowlie

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 08:40:34 PM »
Is this the one developed by Terry Maas?

yes

Offline phil herranen

• herranenspearguns
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 03:48:03 PM »
It's supper ez to repack the bladder ,it only takes a minute to rearm the unit . When you test it make sure you are away from the boat and put a hand on your mask or it will be around your neck . You come up fast !

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 04:51:09 PM »

Right on Pete. Let's hit it.

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 09:58:13 PM »

Oh it's on. I just fixed my trailer so we can have boat races and frv races. Will be a blast.
Carpe piscem

Offline jjjjeremy

• Your resident swordsmith
    • ABSCALIBUR
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2016, 04:17:25 PM »

Oh it's on. I just fixed my trailer so we can have boat races and frv races. Will be a blast.

Bonus points if you set it at 80' and drop your weight belts when you get there.

Offline Road Runner

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »

Bonus points if you set it at 80' and drop your weight belts when you get there.

Hilarious, that would be a spectacle and quite a ride, lol  ;D

Offline Liveclean

Freedive Recovery Vest
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 05:52:35 AM »
Guys, please keep us posted. I have learned a lot from you guys and could trust your input on this 1500 investment. I dive that OR coast a lot alone (I know, I know). Makes a lot of sense for me but I am worried about bulk for hole hunting ect. Please let us know how they feel, I almost pulled the trigger on one 3 times now. Would be a wise choice since I don't have a dive buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gabbert

• chillin' the most
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 07:23:20 AM »
Yea. Keep us posted. I'm interested in hearing what you guys that have these think after you've put in a few dives with one on.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 08:39:22 AM »
I've had mine for a few years now.  I haven't upgraded to the newer, lower profile model.  I still have the pack that rests on my shoulders but once it's on I don't feel it at all.  You set it on shore, put it on and that's it. 

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 08:57:06 AM »
I don't foresee a problem for typical non-entry hole hunting. It has a low profile and appears to be durable. It does have straps across the chest, under the arms and a manual inflation "rip cord" that could possibly get hung up. I wouldn't recommend crawling into a cave with it or using it where there is an overhead obstruction.

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 09:17:24 AM »
I don't foresee a problem for typical non-entry hole hunting. It has a low profile and appears to be durable. It does have straps across the chest, under the arms and a manual inflation "rip cord" that could possibly get hung up. I wouldn't recommend crawling into a cave with it or using it where there is an overhead obstruction.

I'm sure you can think of one or two people you'd recommend use it in an underwater cave.  Think hard....

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 01:12:55 PM »

I'm sure you can think of one or two people you'd recommend use it in an underwater cave.  Think hard....

Only if I had the other end of the rip cord on my hand and a good alibi.
Carpe piscem

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 10:18:20 PM »

Only if I had the other end of the rip cord on my hand and a good alibi.

See!  This is why I told Jjjj that safety devices should be self contained and isolated. My friends would have way too much fun with a wireless system, but then again....

Say that there was a guy formerly known as Rottie Owner who found a great dive partner, let's call him, oh I don't know, how about Don. So Rottie owner, let's call him Pat, is working his ass off to find a red that he spooked, when his partner asks what he's looking for. Pat, disregarding everything that his new friend, let's call him Rob102, has told him, tells Don that he is searching for a vermillion. Politely and seemingly helpfully Don takes a drop to try and locate said fish....  This is where our remotely operated FRV could have saved the day!  Instead of the report of a speargun being fired and Don happily surfacing with Pat's red, which coincidentally ended Pat's dive day and his usual jovial mood, Pat who was diligently performing 1U1D for Don could have observed Don's approach and line up for the shot, and simply and remotely actuated Don's FRV!  We could have all had a good laugh and Pat would have shot that Red.

Maybe Jjjj was onto something.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt