collapse

Author Topic: Scuba dive report and ocean conditions, Sonoma.  (Read 5258 times)

Offline maodiver

• Great Whites are Pussies
Re: Scuba dive report and ocean conditions, Sonoma.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 10:05:46 AM »
SCUBA fish taste just like regular fish.
Dad, what's for dinner?

Wookie steaks

Are they good?

Ehhh, they're a little Chewy.

Offline boogiebrdrsteve

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »
Gotta Love elitist's who believe that their way is the only way. Personally I won't use a weight belt, or mask makes it to way to easy.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 01:29:12 PM »
Gotta Love elitist's who believe that their way is the only way. Personally I won't use a weight belt, or mask makes it to way to easy.

I will say this everyone has their way of doing it and there way they enjoy it !! i FEEL everyone is entitled to their beliefs on the subject. My thoughts are as long as you are enjoying what you are doing, respecting the resource and following the law what does it matter, but with saying that my self I find it more rewarding and satisfying shooting fish on breath hold. But it all BOILS DOWN TO THIS !!! ARE YOU ENJOYING WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND FOLLOWING THE REGS ! THAT IS ALL THAT MATTER THE HELL WITH EVERYONE ELSE. 

just for conversation scuba spearfishing is banned in most of the world for what it is worth.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

Offline DG

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »
Not sure what thread you were reading but no one was saying they were elitists.  I said I haven't done it, but never said my way was the only way.  I know this site is for all underwater hunters and like reports from all.  I like scuba for different reasons but often enjoy many hours in the water and don't like all the extra gear and tanks just to spear fish.  Now photography on scuba is pretty cool as I always see more.  I never have a problem putting fish on the table freediving but if that ever changes and scuba is the only way to keep spearing fish I would not hesitate.   

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt