NorCal Underwater Hunters Discussion > Abalone & Fisheries Management

Ecotrust Survey Sign-Up (NORTH COAST)

(1/2) > >>

MATT MATTISON:
I just recived this from Jim Martin of RFA please read.

Gang,

It's in our best interests to sign up and complete this survey, since it will help us in the MLPA process. The economic data they collect is just about the only thing we can hang our hat on to lessen the impacts of MPAs on the north coast.

I'm forwarding you all the info I got-

ECOTRUST NORTH COAST RECREATIONAL FISHERY INTERVIEW SIGN-UP: OVERVIEW

Ecotrust has been retained by the California Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) Initiative to collect, compile, and analyze information pertaining to commercial, commercial passenger fishing vessel (CPFV) and recreational fisheries along the northern California coast. This project is a unique opportunity to bring fishermen's knowledge directly to bear on the marine planning process.

During the summer and fall months of 2009, Ecotrust personnel will interview commercial, CPFV and recreational fishermen along the California coast from Alder Creek near Point Arena north to the California/Oregon border.

Recreational fishermen interviews will be conducted in person and/or online using a web-based version of Open OceanMap. Ecotrust will take every measure possible to protect the confidentiality of the sensitive information you provide. Your willingness to participate and/or to refer other fishermen who would be interested in participating is not only appreciated, but indeed vital to the success of this project.

The online survey will be available soon and we anticipate in-person interviews will begin mid-July. If you are willing to participate, either online or in person, please sign up here. In the next month, we will send you an e-mail with survey registration information and a link to the survey or will contact you by phone to set up an interview.

To sign up for the recreational survey, please visit:  http://www.ecotrust.org/mlpa/interviewsignup

For more information on Ecotrust and this project, please visit our website at:
http://www.ecotrust.org/mlpa/.

Thank you. – Ecotrust Staff

JASON HOLLIDAY:
I just registered as should everyone else. Thanks matt for the post

MATT MATTISON:
So did I.

rangair94:
done

Brandon Turknett:
got it thanks matt

Navigation