collapse

Author Topic: *** NCUH Site Recommendation ***  (Read 6944 times)

Offline saltwaterweapon

Re: *** NCUH Site Recommendation ***
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 09:24:12 AM »
NCUH is awesome the way it is keep it that way please.

Offline maodiver

• Great Whites are Pussies
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 10:37:25 PM »
What or who does it hurt if people lurk?  No one posts any info unless it is a well known spot.  I would prefer a lurker gets good info before going rather than going and feeling they have to dive because they are there.
Dad, what's for dinner?

Wookie steaks

Are they good?

Ehhh, they're a little Chewy.

Offline dank

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 10:41:35 AM »
It's important to remember that each member will have his or her own approach to an online forum. John said it best with the campfire analogy. I am one of those people who does more reading than posting. I get a lot out of the site; I've met people, learned a lot, enjoyed a ton of pictures and so on. Once in a while I feel compelled to share and if we were talking I'd be one of the talkers but on an online forum I'm not much of a poster.

That being said, I appreciate the intent behind wanting to reign in some of the activity however I don't mind someone coming here to try and sell something and I don't think that sort of thing is out of control. To me it says that the seller at least thought about their target market and like Rob102 said, I wouldn't want to miss out on a nice nugget someone was unloading. If people are coming here trying to sell garbage they'll hear about it for sure.

Being the type who doesn't post much but still participates, I like how the site is set up where someone can feel comfortable reading the conversations and the information that's here. It's my understanding that this is supposed to be a resource as much as anything else.

Offline Yowlie

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 12:08:47 PM »
I think we want as many divers as possible to tune in here often. Keep the barriers low.  And keep the content coming.  This place thrives on dive reports.  You don't need trophy fish to post a report.  Someone will be stoked to read it, even if it's perch. 

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 12:26:47 PM »
I think we want as many divers as possible to tune in here often. Keep the barriers low.  And keep the content coming.  This place thrives on dive reports.  You don't need trophy fish to post a report.  Someone will be stoked to read it, even if it's perch.

Well said and spot on !!! I could not have said it better and like others have said it is a resource for all, Most of us keep dive reports and site vague anyway.  As always though I will  do what the memberships decided and wants for the forum but from what I am seeing in this thread is to leave it how it is.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 04:05:05 PM »
I dont mind lurkers or first timers that post stuff for sale as long as it is dive or NorCal related.
The only problem I have is first timers come on and start asking for stuff without contributing.

Offline the_derek

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 09:25:24 PM »
I think autoembedding videos is long overdue.

+1
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 03:08:46 AM »

I will ask the web site tech guy to look into that

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 08:34:29 AM »

Ask him to add a button on top of a thread that takes you to the first unread post.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 08:40:29 AM »

Ask him to add a button on top of a thread that takes you to the first unread post.

I will pass that along

Offline Brandon Turknett

• RATHERBDIVING
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 10:12:42 AM »
COmega on guys. While  your asking him for stuff how about better dive conditions!!!
All joking aside, I like the site just how it is.   
Divers go deeper, and stay down longer

Offline Desertdiver

• When I Grow Up still want to be a Diver & Fireman
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 01:48:13 PM »
I do not post much, especially lately  but I do enjoy reading the Forums,and for me the current  foundation/operation of NCHU site is strong. Keeping things fun and respectable (most of the time), The old  guard and legends have a place to share their knowledge, skills and abilities ,while encouraging new divers to participate and post up their adventures. I think a great number of us started as Lurkers and personally I do not have an issue Lurkers.  Some nice ideas seem to have been offered and I thank Matt and Crew for considering these and asking for input.  I like the idea of having to post an introduction before posting in other categories, As far as 10 post to access some forums I am neutral. Only 4 more months and counting before I can hopefully dive again so keep up the great reports,pics and vids, to help keep me sane.
RussfromReno

Offline dirkbeachman

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 10:35:18 PM »
I think it needs to be obvious which forum is the main one. I don't use NCUH as much as NCKA because on NCKA all the spearing reports are pretty much in the same place.

Offline DG

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2016, 06:56:36 AM »
I think it needs to be obvious which forum is the main one. I don't use NCUH as much as NCKA because on NCKA all the spearing reports are pretty much in the same place.
Not sure what you are saying.  These are two completely different sites.  Yes many belong to both, and NCKA does have DOTY but fish can't be entered if taken from a boat.  So I know many who don't belong to NCKA or at least don't post.  This site is more dedicated to underwater hunting and not with a fishing pole.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt