collapse

Author Topic: finally  (Read 3582 times)

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_hI3a6Voyhx839MAaNlxvA
finally
« on: March 17, 2016, 02:18:35 PM »
Nice conditions out of Timber cove today. Vis was at best 8' but pretty fishy. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as nice.
SPONSERED BY THE BATMAN AND AQUAMAN FOUNDATION

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: finally
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 03:14:58 PM »
DAM YOU !!!! glad someone is getting out for some good diving !!! To bad it wont hold until the weekend ! what was the take for the day ! pictures ????
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline SpecialK650

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 03:51:59 PM »
Tomorrow looks even better! Please don't post any more pics or reports, I don't want to be depressed all day at work  :(

Offline DG

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 03:55:40 PM »
Visibility in Ft Bragg was worse.  Thanks for report.  Did get my purple urchin limit.  And yes they are everywhere.  Exploded little buggers. 

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 04:20:15 PM »
Took one Ling and one Cab. I was only in the water for about 45 minutes. Got a new wetsuit, (my first open cell) and just couldn't get comfortable.  Super hot! Wiped me out.  Sorry just took  picture of the water and that was it for pictures. As far as urchin,  I only got poked by a couple
 Didn't take any.

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 04:32:05 PM »
did you buy a 5mm or a 7mm?  im in the market to buy one and both my buddies bought 7mm and say the same thing..  just fishing for input before i do get the 5mm.  i keep hearing through the grapevine that i should get a 5mm

Offline CabKing65

• Cast Iron -BrautWurst Beer PoleSpear-Mako 60CM
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Yhf4PMTgw
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 04:50:19 PM »
For sure get the 7mm  Wet-suit IMO. My 1st wet suit was a 7mm Cressi and after 3 years My wetsuit  is now 5.5 mill suit now.

At 45 mins 5 mm will do you justice, But as you start progressing to Deeper water depths and going out for 2-6 hours free-diving, You be glad you got the 7mm Wet-suit, Which in theory will turn into a 5mm wet suit from the water pressure over time.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:52:36 PM by CabKing65 »
AKA SnowKing, 

If You want the Freedom to Dive again!  Never dive with out a Freedom Dive Knife!

Offline dogpaddle

• Work...Whats that?
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 08:56:43 PM »
Mine is an 8mm. I'm thinking I should of went with a 5mm with the open cell.

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 09:08:04 PM »
Try a 7 mm.... Pretty standard!

Offline Ptown707

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 09:28:32 PM »
I don't know what brand you got but if it is the two piece with the overall and beaver tail you can cut the Suspender portion on some to make them pants. This may help with the over heating.
"Out of water, I am nothing." Duke Kahanamoku

Offline Ptown707

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 09:31:22 PM »
This may only be mako suits, so I'd check before you cut the top off
"Out of water, I am nothing." Duke Kahanamoku

Offline DG

finally
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 10:43:14 PM »
I did not take the red ones just the barren of purple ones.  They are smaller and all fit in a small mess bag with room to spare.  Took up the space of about 3 red ones.  The abs were being run out of areas they were at last year so purples need to be thinned.

Offline DG

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 10:56:31 PM »

Oh the small golf ball ones. Was there anything inside then worth eating?

I found someone who wanted them so I did not have to mess with them. 

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 09:40:31 AM »
did you buy a 5mm or a 7mm?  im in the market to buy one and both my buddies bought 7mm and say the same thing..  just fishing for input before i do get the 5mm.  i keep hearing through the grapevine that i should get a 5mm

I went from a 4/3 O'Neil to a 5mm open cell (with the high waist pants). I was way too hot at first, pumping cold water down my chest to cool down. A couple years later it is perfect. I used to try to find a hot tub after dives but now I'm still warm after diving. I would never go back to closed cell, wish I would have switched sooner. I almost feel like I could dive a couple hours comfortably in a 3mil. But on the other hand, as I get better about breathing up and keep diving deeper I guess the 5mil was a better choice.
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. -Orwell

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt