collapse

Author Topic: Super simple Ab recipe  (Read 613 times)

JChoy

Super simple Ab recipe
« on: February 06, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »
1) clean Ab
2) slice paper thin (or as thin as you can) - any way you want is fine, but we usually cut the round part off the foot then slice, making round disks (w/ a cut in the them to keep them from curling) and rectangular pieces
3) heat up a frying pan, add olive oil and butter - searing hot
4) add a couple handfuls of ab slices
5) stir around for about 15-20 seconds adding some garlic salt (we like Lowry's/McCormick with the tiny chunks of what looks like garlic and parsley), then remove - serve still hot
6) mop of the olive oil/butter/ab juice/garlic salt mix in the pan with bread

Done!

With fresh abs, you get unadulterated and sweet flavor of the abalone with a little chew. Really, very good - pretty amazing actually.

..BEWARE the GREY/BROWN meated abalones - those always seem to need a lot of pounding to make them edible

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

Re: Super simple Ab recipe
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:29:20 AM »
Thanks for the post......I will have to try it
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

JChoy

Re: Super simple Ab recipe
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 06:15:18 PM »
Everyone who has tried it, really likes it this way. It's always a popular one when we make it at the "Beast Feast" up in Point Arena. If I make it to the Ab/Ling event, this'll be the way I do it - no stealing recipes!  :angry5: Or a very large beer will be owed if it takes home the prize. haha

enjoy!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt