collapse

Author Topic: World record  (Read 1209 times)

Offline saltwaterweapon

World record
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:31:39 PM »
My question is how has no one beat John peppers record from 1980 biggest abalone? How is it possible out of all us abalone divers not found a bigger ab? There has to be a bigger one 36 years later!!! No bigger abalone?

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: World record
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 05:38:25 AM »
Just goes to show you how rare a 12 inch plus abalone are and what true treasure it is to find one. I have heard of a few abalone taken that were supper close to 12 but as far as I know that is the only abalone to reach 12 inches
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline Malibu_Two

Re: World record
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 06:01:35 AM »
How is it possible out of all us abalone divers not found a bigger ab? There has to be a bigger one 36 years later!!!

You answered your own question: because there are so many of us. They don't grow fast enough to replenish their numbers as more and more of us begin taking them. Sad but true, IMO.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:07:11 PM by Malibu_Two »

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt