collapse

Author Topic: Does this water look like have divable visiability?  (Read 707 times)

Offline bluestar

Does this water look like have divable visiability?
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »
SANY0047 G.avi

The above video is from my last fishing trip, near Pillar Point.  One of my objectives in learning to dive, is to spear fish from time to time during these fishing trips (especially when I lose a big one).

Are you able to look at that surface water and tell me whether at 30' down or 50' down it has suitable condition for spearfishing? Thanks.

Offline Brandon Turknett

• RATHERBDIVING
Re: Does this water look like have divable visiability?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:01:09 PM »
if it looks that clear from the top chances are its diveable. the only way to know for sure is to get wet.
Divers go deeper, and stay down longer

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: Does this water look like have divable visiability?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »
Well what I look for is water color and clarity and the swell. Minmal sweel means little serg, and baiscally what brandon said. you never know if it is going to have fish till you get and start diving.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt