collapse

Author Topic: my new toy!!!  (Read 1791 times)

Joe Mag

my new toy!!!
« on: February 04, 2010, 01:07:50 AM »
Giggity giggity!!:D   Finally got my new camera and Ikelite U/W housing!!

I got the Canon SD980IS. shoots HD video and has a super wide angle lens so i don't have to buy the wide angle lens for the u/w housing.  even though i spent a little extra on a better camera, i still saved $150 over-all. Even if i did get the wide angle lens attachment, it wouldn't be any wider than it already is.

I took 2 pics. one from my new camera vs the one i bought just last year. the cameras are the exact same distance from the monitor.

this is with the regular camera.

this is with the new camera!

And i swear that both settings were exactly the same on both cameras when i took the pics.

Hoping to try it out on a dive this weekend. I'll post the videos once they're done.

Just in case anyone is wondering what camera i used to take the pic of the u/w housing and camera, its a Nikon D50 SLR.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: my new toy!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:02:45 AM »
Nice toy  :thumbsup:
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 04:47:31 PM »
 Thats sweet. Just seeing it makes me want one
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline snaildiver

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 09:02:26 PM »
You have any videos? I use a flip video with underwater housing.  The first dive I took it out, it flooded and trashed the camera.
It's good to 30 feet but I worry when I get even close to 20 feet.  Thinking about getting a better camera that can withstand deeper waters.
Alex L.

Red Abalone Diving

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 08:43:43 PM »
If you don't mind what did the package set you back?

Offline Fis_Hunter

• May I have some more
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »
One of my buddies got a camera we set it all up at the house went to the ocean he had to open it one last time to make sure all it was set up right.  It was he just likes to fiddle with sh1t.  So when he closes the cover a small piece if the wrist strap is inside the camera and he does not notice. It may have been a little hard to close so he forces it shut, again just that kind of guy.  We get all out gear on and head out we are in about 35 feet of water when he attempts to take his first photo.  The camera turns on and takes about three photos then quits working.  We get back to shore and he opens the case because you can see water inside.  That is when he notices the strap. 

He goes back into town and buys a new camera.  Does the same thing the very next day. Killed two digital cameras on the same trip.
Myrel C. Willeford

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt