collapse

Author Topic: San Luis obisbo  (Read 2059 times)

Offline TheIndio85

• FISH ON!
San Luis obisbo
« on: January 02, 2016, 09:08:10 AM »
Heading down by pismo beach to work for a few days any good places out there to get wet ?

Offline maodiver

• Great Whites are Pussies
Re: San Luis obisbo
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 09:33:26 PM »
Depends on what you are looking for and how far you wanna drive.  Montana de Oro State Park has some good stuff, but they just had a landlord encounter a couple days ago.
Morro Bay is safe and shallow.
San Simeon can get you into some fish.
If you can find entry or have a Kayak, Port San Luis or the Shell beach area offshore is divable.
I have been in Morro Bay for two weeks and the via (from the surface) has been outstanding.  I have not gotten wet.
Dad, what's for dinner?

Wookie steaks

Are they good?

Ehhh, they're a little Chewy.

Offline TheIndio85

• FISH ON!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 11:13:49 PM »
I didn't bring the gear but I'm right here on shell beach. Hopefully I'll be able to chec out the water some time in the next few days to see what's up and then next time I come down I'll bring some gear. Thanks for the info. Maodiver

Offline maodiver

• Great Whites are Pussies
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 10:26:36 PM »
All those kelp beds....
Dad, what's for dinner?

Wookie steaks

Are they good?

Ehhh, they're a little Chewy.

Offline cbluehunter

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 04:56:28 PM »
I'm going to be in Santa cruz this coming weekend 7/8 ninth of July any good spots to Spearfish I am from orange county and I'm a new in this sport started last year got my level one license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 08:27:54 PM »
I'm going to be in Santa cruz this coming weekend 7/8 ninth of July any good spots to Spearfish I am from orange county and I'm a new in this sport started last year got my level one license

Santa Cruz sucks. Super murky and very few spots that hold fish because the bottom structure is predominately sand. Better to go south to Monterey for better vis.
Carpe piscem

Offline jjjjeremy

• Your resident swordsmith
    • ABSCALIBUR
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 12:06:41 AM »

Make a post in the dive buddy section, and you can probably find someone to go out with

Offline cbluehunter

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:08:47 PM »
Thanks I will go Monterey tomorrow Friday

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt