collapse

Author Topic: This guy must be a member of NCUH!  (Read 8026 times)

Offline Malibu_Two

Offline DG

Re: This guy must be a member of NCUH!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 03:32:04 PM »
All I can say is wow.  But not because of the sunfish.  I had no idea Digg.com was still in business. 

Offline the_derek

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 04:10:19 PM »
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline Ken Butler

• Was "northshorediver"
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 10:19:19 PM »
That's fricken hilarious!!   
Ken Butler

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 08:48:20 AM »
That's definitely hilarious..... Like an episode of Laverne and Shirley!!

Offline VermillionDollarBaby

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 08:53:35 AM »
If I ever see one of these in the ocean I'll be at risk of drowning from laughing under water.

Offline Malibu_Two

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 11:53:29 AM »
The guy posted another short clip on his FB - taken moments later - of the mola with a gaff in its head as they tried to figure out how to get it on board. The video ended before they made any progress.
Their accents are endearing and it's all very funny until they planted a gaff in the face of this animal that for all they knew was a baby whale. They represent so much of what is and has been wrong with humans throughout history; there's something cool or rare, let's kill it! Kinda sickening.

Offline Adam415

• Freediver
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 12:49:59 PM »
The guy posted another short clip on his FB - taken moments later - of the mola with a gaff in its head as they tried to figure out how to get it on board. The video ended before they made any progress.
Their accents are endearing and it's all very funny until they planted a gaff in the face of this animal that for all they knew was a baby whale. They represent so much of what is and has been wrong with humans throughout history; there's something cool or rare, let's kill it! Kinda sickening.

Maybe spearfishing isn't your sport?

Offline Malibu_Two

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 01:21:06 PM »

Maybe spearfishing isn't your sport?

What do you mean by that? These guys aren't spearfishing and any time I shoot a fish I know what it is and whether it's edible or legal or even a fish at all. These guys knew none of those things.
Don't get me wrong, I posted this because it's laugh out loud hilarious, but the 2nd video was not so funny.

Offline AquaManIvan

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 01:46:50 PM »
Malibu--- its still just a fish, like a guppy or a lingcod.
Maybe focusing your sympathy towards thousands of people that are dying in various conflicts around the world would be more reasonable and productive.
Somebody putting a gaf through a fish 3200 miles away... really?

Offline Malibu_Two

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 01:54:59 PM »
My sympathy is focused in many directions.

Offline maodiver

• Great Whites are Pussies
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 02:47:23 PM »
and besides...while I have not personally eaten one, those I know who have say the similarity to lobster is amazing.  That is the reason I won't kill one...lobster just isn't that good.
Dad, what's for dinner?

Wookie steaks

Are they good?

Ehhh, they're a little Chewy.

Offline the_derek

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 04:06:36 PM »
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline Steve123

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 08:01:49 PM »
Wow. Bad mouth every member on this board!?!? Great title to you post.  That's one way to make everyone not like you. These endless rants about your beloved mola's is getting old. Makes me want to kill one just outa spite.

Offline Abalonejoe

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 04:34:19 AM »
Wow. Bad mouth every member on this board!?!? Great title to you post.  That's one way to make everyone not like you. These endless rants about your beloved mola's is getting old. Makes me want to kill one just outa spite.
[/quote not good

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt