collapse

Author Topic: Tentative classes for PacificNalu Spearfishing (lmk what you think?)  (Read 891 times)

Offline kathy

Re: Tentative classes for PacificNalu Spearfishing (lmk what you think?)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:30:27 PM »

I think this is a cool idea. A lot of this you learn as you go, by asking and observing other more-experienced divers, or by doing something stupid and fixing it the next time around - but a class that condensed the knowledge for first-timers would be pretty cool.

Everyone also does things differently, so even having some different setups and opinions in there would let your students choose what worked for them and matched their style of diving/kayaking.

Only downside for you would be you'd have fewer customers if you kept people from losing gear by teaching them where to stow it and how to keep it battened down

:D

but in all seriousness, great idea, good luck getting it together, and I think it's a unique angle on things that I haven't seen offered anywhere else.

Offline bloodbath

• PacificNalu Spearfishing
Re: Tentative classes for PacificNalu Spearfishing (lmk what you think?)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 12:43:26 PM »

I think this is a cool idea. A lot of this you learn as you go, by asking and observing other more-experienced divers, or by doing something stupid and fixing it the next time around - but a class that condensed the knowledge for first-timers would be pretty cool.

Everyone also does things differently, so even having some different setups and opinions in there would let your students choose what worked for them and matched their style of diving/kayaking.

Only downside for you would be you'd have fewer customers if you kept people from losing gear by teaching them where to stow it and how to keep it battened down

:D

but in all seriousness, great idea, good luck getting it together, and I think it's a unique angle on things that I haven't seen offered anywhere else.

Thank you for a positive response Kathy! Looking forward to setting up the class criteria and helping the dive community in some way!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt