collapse

Author Topic: 4th of July Freedom Dive Knife !  (Read 723 times)

Offline CabKing65

• Cast Iron -BrautWurst Beer PoleSpear-Mako 60CM
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Yhf4PMTgw
4th of July Freedom Dive Knife !
« on: July 12, 2015, 08:51:14 PM »
Hey Yall, Been a While and Like to shout out to every one on Dive Knife's and Why I Think they should be Called "  Freedom Dive Knife's "

So for Celebrating 4th of July I decided to Set up a Meet and Greet with Some Friends for a Weekend of Ling Hunting and Set out with My Ultimate Goal to Get are new Dive Buddy his very 1st Lingcod. 

1st day He Was Successful Landing of A Nice Ling!

2nd day out  I forgot My Dive knife ....  Gave it the O well and Jump in the Water.  Survived  the day with out a  Dive Knife...

3rd day My Veteran Diving Partner  Got his Legged wrap in 60lb Kevlar Braided Fishing Line.
 On his weight belt He had The $10 Ruko 440A Stainless Knife I gave to Him  Allowing him to Hack and Slash his way out of the Kevlar line.

In the End!!!!

If You want the Freedom to Dive again!  Never dive with out a Freedom Dive Knife!

Hope this Message May help set you Free One day!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:47:02 PM by CabKing65 »
AKA SnowKing, 

If You want the Freedom to Dive again!  Never dive with out a Freedom Dive Knife!

Offline CabKing65

Re: 4th of July Freedom Dive Knife !
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:45:27 PM »
 All Hail  G'z  !!  I gave you a Ruko Freedom Dive Knife Already Red Black and Blue Handle 8)  That one Turn out Bomb.com

AKA SnowKing, 

Offline StinkyPete

Carpe piscem

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 11:54:57 PM »
I have been held under twice by braided line and both time I cut myself free.

I had a friend who was just getting started. He asked me what else he needed. I looked over his gear and suggested a knife. He went in the dive shop and bought one. Later that day he was entangled underwater and had to cut himself free.

I know many guys think that knives snag on the kelp or that you never need a knife. There are places to wear a knife where it won't snag. Besides dispatching and bleeding fish, when the time comes that you do need a knife, it may very well save your life.

Offline CabKing65

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 12:08:57 AM »
Lately  I have been using the Benchmade  112 H20 Fixed Blade. the N680 steel is doing well and is  Holding a decent edge.

Last one we got in the Shop  had a Faulty Spring Lock on the Sheath. 1st time this Has happen, I called the Dealer and they said they be happy to Replace it.

So if you do go after this model Make sure to check the Thumb lock on the Sheath Just in case.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:49:52 AM by CabKing65 »
AKA SnowKing, 

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt