collapse

Author Topic: RA replacement bands  (Read 797 times)

randyrhoads

RA replacement bands
« on: July 16, 2015, 05:41:47 PM »
Badly need replacement bands for my 80cm RA snapper. I'm having a lot of trouble finding the 14mm bands. Not only pre made but not even rubber. Found a couple premised but they are over 100cm. Where can I get the bands?

Offline DG

RA replacement bands
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 05:56:03 PM »
Not sure about that one specific but recently replaced mine for my RA 70 and bought riffe bands from subsurface.  They seem stronger than the old ones but were like $20 each

Offline Fej

Re: RA replacement bands
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 06:14:27 PM »
Spearitco.com will have everything you need to make your own. They also sell premade bands.

Neptonics, Spearamerica, sturgill, etc. should have everything you need as well
Jeff

Offline Benny

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 06:26:44 PM »
Are you in the Sac area? I've got a lot of band material, 14 mm, 9/16/ 5/8 etc. Swing by and tie some up if you want.

Offline .

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »
Tie your own. Way cheaper in the long run, and you can customize them how you want. The Freedive Shop, Neptonics, and all the likely suspects have the materials. Rubber, constrictor cord, and wish bones (you can reuse the wish bones from old bands as long as they aren't too chewed up).

Or bum them off a buddy.  ;)

Offline Slamson

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 08:40:20 PM »
I second spearitco. I tie my own, way cheaper. Also you could think about upgrading to 16mm rubber

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »
What do you mean it seems overpowered?  What does it do?

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 11:12:16 PM »
Practice shooting some blues or jelly fish. If you are running stock bands on a Rob Allen, I doubt the shaft or gun is overpowered.  I would first suspect my aiming was off than suspect the gun.

Extend your arm and look down the shaft to line up the shot.  Aim for a decent sized area like the gill plate and try to see the specific spot rather than the whole fish. Aim small miss small.

If you are like me, more of an intuitive shooter that doesn't aim so much as point and shoot, the difference may be a different amount of overhanging shaft between different guns. A shorter overhang will shoot higher and a longer will shoot lower and the longer the shot the more the shot will be high or low.

If the gun is overpowered the recoil will cause the gun to buck and it will shoot high.

If the shaft is overpowered, you will get shaft whip and accuracy will be out the window in any direction but maybe mostly side to side.

Underpowered shaft/gun will shoot low.

Offline CabKing65

• Cast Iron -BrautWurst Beer PoleSpear-Mako 60CM
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Yhf4PMTgw
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 12:11:15 AM »
50 CM Mako Has been a sweet Ride , Point & Shoot, Very Fast Swing Value.  Make's  a Great Loner with the Single 16MM Rubber 8)

Swap over from a Double band 60Cm and I really enjoy the 50Cm for Shore dive's.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:18:38 AM by CabKing65 »
AKA SnowKing, 

If You want the Freedom to Dive again!  Never dive with out a Freedom Dive Knife!

Offline Rick W

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 07:14:11 AM »
Matt has tying kits at Red Triangle too.
There are no bad days at the beach.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt