collapse

Author Topic: Scallop hunting tips write up  (Read 6213 times)

Offline ryang85

Re: Scallop hunting tips write up
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 09:06:10 PM »
Am I the only one who leaves it in the yak and just marks them with a gun and float? Its not like they are going anywhere. Unless I am specifically hunting for scallops then Ill tuck it in the belt like others have said.

Here’s a video of how Sir Rob tucks his iron away.

This seems more approraite. Just gotta wear those fancy pissete  bottoms backwords. 🤣

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
  • There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 08:10:33 AM »
hahahahahaha
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo    Facebook - @Ekeener1
Century Free diver, Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place
Bring the Ling 2018 - 1st Place (=P)

Offline Sir Rob IV

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 12:29:13 PM »
LOL wait are you saying you wouldn't fuk me? Because I'd fuk me

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »

But seriously.. you just put the iron on your back? doesn't it fall off or do you connect the lanyard? I just picked up a 12" aluminum bar and still curious how to keep it out of the way when not in use!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

Eric, Pacific Grove
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »

But seriously.. you just put the iron on your back? doesn't it fall off or do you connect the lanyard? I just picked up a 12" aluminum bar and still curious how to keep it out of the way when not in use!

Dude. Put an elastic wrist lanyard on a short abalone iron, tuck the iron in your belt and stretch the lanyard around the iron. Easy.

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »

Dude. Put an elastic wrist lanyard on a short abalone iron, tuck the iron in your belt and stretch the lanyard around the iron. Easy.

Gosh dang it. that's too easy. i'm just really not engineering minded for these things... that's why its so useful to have the old timers leave their tips and tricks!

Eric, Pacific Grove
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 03:12:36 PM »

Gosh dang it. that's too easy. i'm just really not engineering minded for these things... that's why its so useful to have the old timers leave their tips and tricks!

Well here’s another tip. Do the same thing with your knife and you’ll never lose it.

Offline Sir Rob IV

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 07:29:18 PM »

Ha your an old timer Rob #2

Offline Finsup

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 09:46:09 AM »
Isn't there a Bluetooth IOT app for keeping my gear in check?

Offline TheKeeneroo

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2018, 09:45:45 AM »

Ha your an old timer Rob #2

To close the loop on that recommendation, elastic lanyard works great. Got my first scallop on Sunday. MMMMMM TASTY.

Eric, Pacific Grove
DOTY 2018 - 3rd Place

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt