collapse

Author Topic: Oceans rough. Sooooooooo...  (Read 10744 times)

Offline Travis Mills

Re: Oceans rough. Sooooooooo...
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 04:17:34 PM »
Hey Travis I'm always down for some delta fishin I live in woodland but I work down in Sherman island so I'm constantly daydreaming while I'm down there

No problem bro.. Anytime our schedules can jive together I'm down to fish..  what are you doing out at Sherman island? 

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 04:40:27 PM »
Awesome... Whereabouts did you live?  I lived here 25 years..  yours wasn't the place that burned down right of the 160 was it?  That sucks to hear..   any time you want to catch some dinos off the yak, I'm down..  the biting is really slowing down right now..  Maybe a few weeks left..  but stripers are here and we killing them..   I always got bait...

Collinsville. Right here.

Surprise surprise I have a video of it.

When they're biting i'd love to come fish off the yak. Still have a lot of friends and family there I visit somewhat frequently.

Dude that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.. I remember that fire.. Right around 4th of July, right? Someone lighting fireworks?  I know a couple families that still live out there..I used to run around out there a lot..  We blew the porta potty up out at the day use area a few times with m-80's.. 

Yeah sturgeon are slowing down but stripers are off the hook right now..   If you get down this way and you can bring the yak, let me know.. We go a paddlin

Offline Stinkbait

• Live to dive
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 05:57:57 PM »
 No problem bro.. Anytime our schedules can jive together I'm down to fish..  what are you doing out at Sherman island? 

I work for the mosquito control district so I'm usually down there taking care of cattle pastures. I got stuck watching all the bass master boats blasting around out there today.

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 08:43:35 PM »
Yeah fireworks on the fourth. If you were causing trouble out there you probably went to my uncles resort a time or two. If you were out there before it burned down. (Separate fire, wtf?) I grew up out there. Know everyone. Hit me up when they start biting and I'll gladly make the drive back.

It was high school when I was was doing goofy shit .but oh boy do I not regret hanging out in Bird Town or in Collinsville as a youngster.. Mostly run my two canines I have out there now a days ..and it's been a minute since I've done that. Haven't took my kayak out there.. Mostly around Rio area.. Out by ferry, around bridge, past sandy beach to the south or in Hastings island area.. 

Hooking salmon and stripers is a blast and not having to  worry bout landlord...

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »

I work for the mosquito control district so I'm usually down there taking care of cattle pastures. I got stuck watching all the bass master boats blasting around out there today.

Sweet..  actually I just got three days off... Off till Monday.. My buddies all tied up this weekend maybe...   I don't have a boat, just a kayak or I bank fish..   

But it just a matter of finding where they bite..  hot spots vary and it sucks...   sturgeon are slowing down and finding grass shrimp is like pulling teeth...(that ass eats grass)

Hit me up. Trav

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt