collapse

Author Topic: Oceans rough. Sooooooooo...  (Read 10745 times)

Offline James Toboni

Oceans rough. Sooooooooo...
« on: April 24, 2015, 07:23:36 PM »
I'm in my backyard drinking beer wishing this ab I pulled lasted year was a little bigger  :( cheers

Offline Jason Blalock

• Global Moderator
Re: Oceans rough. Sooooooooo...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »
Drink more water! ;)

Offline Spearonico

• Mark. S
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 05:08:39 AM »
"Ninety percent of life is just showing up."- Woody Allen-

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 03:45:31 PM »
I'm in my backyard drinking beer wishing this ab I pulled lasted year was a little bigger  :( cheers

Seems like every single ab i pull stops growing after I get it home. In deer hunting we have a phenomenon called"ground shrinkage" where the closer you get to the buck you just shot, the smaller the rack looks. So I have been talking about"surface shrinkage"with my abs. Sometimes you can't get the whole gauge back in the hole but certainly it is 11 inches right? Then the closer you get to the surface the smaller she gets.
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. -Orwell

Offline James Toboni

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 08:47:46 PM »
Hope to get a 10 one day. I was working with a 9" gauge when I came across this one. Thought i had it for sure! But still proud. PB @ 9.875.  can't wait for the conditions to clean up so I can continue the hunt.

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 10:00:16 PM »
As of April 12th, 2015 I got my first ten incher..  out in the Point Arena area in about seven foot of water..  took our kayaks out fur a decent paddle and just happen to be within 15 yards of my anchor..  I love stumbling on dumb luck.. first one to get one in my group of diving buddies (4 of us).  All got pretty close so far, but I was the first to bust the hymen..  so to speak.. Haha..   10 1/16 but it counts..  over 10".. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline landlocked

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 09:09:49 AM »
Way to go Mills!
Landlocked..

Offline Evvis

• Thank yuh...Thank yuh verra much.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »
Congratulations, Travis!
Evvis

Offline James Toboni

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 11:25:24 AM »
Sweet! congrats!

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 08:16:32 PM »
Hey Randy, that video you posted a little while ago with the all the different cuts in the very beginning had the guy catching a sturgeon on the kayak..  showed a bunch of different clips. .. I think it was the spearfishing at caspar video..  is that you catching it?

Offline James Toboni

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »
The cold ocean will shrink a 10 to a 3. Yeah. It's the ocean.

The sad truth.

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »
Sweet.. Did you land it?  I was just curious cause the background looks like down by the ferry in Rio.. Just a stone's throw from my backyard.. do you bring your kayak out to delta much..   If you do we have some very good holes that we have marked...   it's a kick in the ass to get pulled around by one of those dinosaur's.. 

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 09:42:19 PM »
I have pictures of mine on my yak, but I can't figure out how I posted pictures before..   

Offline Travis Mills

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 11:45:39 AM »
Awesome... Whereabouts did you live?  I lived here 25 years..  yours wasn't the place that burned down right of the 160 was it?  That sucks to hear..   any time you want to catch some dinos off the yak, I'm down..  the biting is really slowing down right now..  Maybe a few weeks left..  but stripers are here and we killing them..   I always got bait...

Offline Stinkbait

• Live to dive
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 02:23:28 PM »
Hey Travis I'm always down for some delta fishin I live in woodland but I work down in Sherman island so I'm constantly daydreaming while I'm down there

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt