collapse

Author Topic: Lost gun and light Russian Gulch Mendo  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Benny

Lost gun and light Russian Gulch Mendo
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »
Took a buddy out to Russian Gulch last Saturday and Sunday. Saturday he lost my Ike light in the in the most southern part of Russian Gulch. If you launched from under the bridge, rounded the first point and crossed that southern side of the gulch, I think he lost it in the shallows about 200 yards inland from the sea cave that goes to Jack Peters. Its a black light with either a yellow or lime green lanyard.

Then Sunday, he donated a 60 CM Mako railgun to a hungry seal. He shot a fish about 50 yards in from the first big wash rock at the northern point. He then let it trail behind hiom as he swam back to the kayak, when a hungry seal came up and claimed it. The gun has a blue loading pad, one blue band, one black. No float line.

Offline John

Re: Lost gun and light Russian Gulch Mendo
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:16:54 PM »
I'm thinking your buddy needs to be buying some gear!
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. -Orwell

Offline Benny

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 07:21:02 PM »
I'd take a cash settlement, never was impressed with either item.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
That's a policy I operate by too, never loan something you can't afford to lose.
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. -Orwell

Offline the_derek

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 08:45:25 PM »
That's a policy I operate by too, never loan something you can't afford to lose.

^ +1
Death is very often referred to as a good career move.

-Buddy Holly

Insta  @_the_derek_

Offline Benny

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 09:27:09 PM »
X marks the spot for the gun's last known presence. The light was lost somewhere between the two lines on the southern side. Thanks for keeping an eye out

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt