collapse

Author Topic: Akumal/Cozumel Mexico  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Diver Dan

• Dan Romo
    • Studio Romo (My shop: Metal Fabrication, Sculpture restoration, Patina, Cast Bronze, etc)
Akumal/Cozumel Mexico
« on: July 10, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
I'm planning a trip for next June to Akumal/Cozumel Mexico. there is a spearfishing outfit there: https://spearfishingtoday.com

Anybody used them before? Their website looks great.

Also, it's a long shot, but anyone else thinking they might want to go in on a private charter for $750 up to 7 people???? It's a year out, start planning!

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Re: Akumal/Cozumel Mexico
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »
I have dove Cozumel. The west side of the island is a sanctuary. The east side is rough, so I'm guessing you are taking a boat.

There are a ton of huge lobster and plenty of fish. The water is crystal clear. 150' visibility easy. Be careful of the fire coral, it stings badly. Watch your depth in that clean water, it's easy to go too deep.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Re: Akumal/Cozumel Mexico
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 05:37:37 PM »
I think I have a couple books and a map here too, if you want to borrow them.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt