collapse

Author Topic: Caspar 16-18th April Q and hopefully A  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Stoney

Caspar 16-18th April Q and hopefully A
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »
Anyone going early? We will get there Thursday

Kid friendly? playground?

Sandy beach bottom? ( should I bring crab cages and bait?)

Also I have never dove caspar easy access? Kayak or tube? Reefs up close or far out? 

shore fishing?

never been to the camp ground either we will be in a camper and a RV, looks pretty tight sites in the pics is there room in the rv sites for a tent or two?

Thanks in advance for any answers! cheers!

Offline DG

Caspar 16-18th April Q and hopefully A
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:57:27 PM »
Caspar is sandy near shore but Rocky on right and left side and outside of cove.  Across the street from rv park.  Many of the sites are tight but you can put a tent in some sites if you have smaller trailer. I have seen some big fish caught from cliffs.  Closer to shore can be cloudy.  I have swam out to end of cove but kayak sure makes it easier.  Not sure about kid playground or not, but plenty of beach to have fun on.

Offline D_Harris

Re: Caspar 16-18th April Q and hopefully A
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »
http://www.casparbeachrvpark.com/Web_Cam_Caspar.html
Here's the realtime webcam from the rv park.
 Great tool if your on the fence about spending money on fuel for a day trip.

Offline Stoney

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 10:55:46 PM »
Caspar is sandy near shore but Rocky on right and left side and outside of cove.  Across the street from rv park.  Many of the sites are tight but you can put a tent in some sites if you have smaller trailer. I have seen some big fish caught from cliffs.  Closer to shore can be cloudy.  I have swam out to end of cove but kayak sure makes it easier.  Not sure about kid playground or not, but plenty of beach to have fun on.

Awesome thanks! Getting Excited!!!!!

Offline Road Runner

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:33:34 PM »
Anyone going early? We will get there Thursday

Kid friendly? ?? playground? There is an arcade and pool table.

Sandy beach bottom? ( should I bring crab cages and bait?) Caspar is in a cove, with sand in the center, and reef / cliffs on the edges. Very cool set-up. There are a few dungies...not super epic crabbing from what I have encountered.

Also I have never dove caspar easy access? Kayak or tube? Reefs up close or far out?  Kayak recommended, but not necessary. They also rent kayaks there.

shore fishing? If you hike around, yes.

never been to the camp ground either we will be in a camper and a RV, looks pretty tight sites in the pics is there room in the rv sites for a tent or two? Probably.

Thanks in advance for any answers! cheers!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt