collapse

Author Topic: And so it begins  (Read 946 times)

Offline DG

And so it begins
« on: March 31, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »
N coast is filling up with divers.  Just took my friend from out of town to some local beaches and now he wants to try diving.  Even though it's an ab opener.  He just wants to tag along and see what it is all about.  I will be looking for a MFE in shallows at Van Damme and not abalone.  The wind has been crazy but protective coves are diveable.  Wouldn't  suggest any kayaks.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:55:59 PM by DG »

Offline CabKing65

• Cast Iron -BrautWurst Beer PoleSpear-Mako 60CM
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Yhf4PMTgw
Re: And so it begins
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 07:52:06 PM »
Here you go Folks the Real Weather Man Him self  DG!!!.   Straight  from Fort Bragg

But this other guy you can for sure rely for Bug reports..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=18&v=_-C6F2ne0pA
AKA SnowKing, 

If You want the Freedom to Dive again!  Never dive with out a Freedom Dive Knife!

Offline DG

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:55:02 PM »
Ok, I broke down and watched the video.  Almost pissed myself Cabking.  I know you got some killer 26" Cabs but keep forgetting the snow melted. 

I sure hope all the guys trying tomorrow play it safe.  I will be in the shallows looking for another MFE.  The last one I saw was only 8" and not worth shooting.  But I actually found one.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 10:00:15 PM »
Water calmed way down this evening but supposed to be even higher winds tomorrow. ..
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. -Orwell

Offline DG

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 04:09:47 PM »
So made it out with my friend on what was supposed to be a nasty day and dove Van Damme.  His first ever cold water dive.  I just led him around the cove and showed him abalone, urchins and tried to find the resident leopard sharks but didn't see them today.  Had a seal trying to play with us.  Showed him how to surf entry with gear and navigate the shallow rocks with the incoming waves and wind.  He wasn't going to fish today but wanted to get a feel for it.  Got his weight belt dialed in but he thought it was going to slip off so we just took it off and let him swim around for a few hours.  I never found any abs over 9 so decided to pass on taking any today.  Tried to find an MFE but no luck in the area we were in.  Vis was pretty good away from the sandy areas.  Any day I can get out is a good day and now one of my old friends wants to expand on his adventures next time he visits. 

Hope the others who went out had a good time. 

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt