collapse

Author Topic: Mushroom Hunting between Storms  (Read 1761 times)

Offline DG

Mushroom Hunting between Storms
« on: December 16, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
Hey StinkyPete, I think your theory is correct as your suggestion on why others go out got me thinking I should try it.

I know there are some die hard mushroom hunters out there.  The rain only lets up for a couple hours and then comes back.  Haven’t been able to dive and may be going a little mad.  So I thought I would go hike and try to de-stress. I never thought I would actually find mushrooms or even like it, but strangely I now know why others do it.  Its good exercise and something I can do out of the water and still be connected to nature.  I dont think I will be bird watching anytime soon, but did get a kick out mushroom hunting. 

I have David Arora's big book at home, but brought the travel guide with me.  It was harder than I thought to properly ID these buggers.  I did see at least 15 different kinds, but only grabbed two kinds to bring home because I thought I properly ID'd them, but would like others opinions before attempting to eat them. 

I put them all into a PDF, but was not able to post.  I will post the two I think I identified as the Deer mushroom and the Pig's Ear. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:15:56 PM by DG »

Offline DG

Re: Mushroom Hunting between Storms
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DG

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »
1a

Offline DG

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »

Offline DG

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »
2a

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 06:05:26 PM »
Totally agree that it's a good way to get outside.  It also gets you to go out hiking, which is something I otherwise wouldn't do.  The mushrooms are really just a (great) bonus.
Carpe piscem

Offline natraps

• Diving Is Fun
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 06:31:26 PM »
This stuck inside/no diving lifestyle is bad. And as long as they don't kill you, mushrooms can be delicious.
I may give the fungus hunt a try myself. I have to figure out what the laws related to foraging are and get some training.
The Lord has given us the seafood; let us enjoy it.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast