collapse

Author Topic: My own version of Abalone Potstickers with instructions  (Read 1425 times)

Offline DG

My own version of Abalone Potstickers with instructions
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »
All the recent food posts got me hungry and no diving this week due to weather so I did some experimenting. 

So I spent the last two days trying to make my own version of Abalone Potstickers with dipping sauce.  I wanted to use up the Abalone skirt and harder parts, but I just don't recommend it because of the texture it created.

Everyones tastes are a little different so experiment and modify to fit your needs.  It was fun making several batches and trying different flavors. 

PDF Attached for those that may want to print.

v
    v
    v
    v

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:09:55 PM by DG »

Offline Heathman1476

• http://www.pacificnaluspearfishing.com/
Re: My own version of Abalone Potstickers with instructions
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:09:43 AM »
Nice job DG. I like the added ingredients. I thought about using ginger but I was afraid of using to much and over powering the abalone. I found the skirt part is unusable unless it's pressure cooked.
The world is made up of 71 percent water. Go grab your wet suit and lets go diving...

http://www.pacificnaluspearfishing.com/

My you tube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heathman1476/

Offline underwater1

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »
Thanks, DG!  How were they?

Offline DG

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:18:28 AM »

Thanks, DG!  How were they?

I am no master chef with taste buds that can describe all meals like on travel shows. I do know if something tastes good, and they do. 

I never made potstickers before, so it was a good challenge for me to follow through. 

Going to try the chowder next. 

Offline underwater1

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »
Thanks!  I will give them a try.  All the ingredients look great.  That is a great place to start!

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 02:36:55 PM »
You guys tried adding Napa cabbage to the ingredient list? Most dumpling recipes I've found have that as an ingredient
Carpe piscem

Offline DG

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »

You guys tried adding Napa cabbage to the ingredient list? Most dumpling recipes I've found have that as an ingredient

I did think about it and did not want to go back to the store, but will try some with it next time. Thanks for the suggestion. 

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt