collapse

Author Topic: abalone ceviche  (Read 996 times)

Offline erinne_b

abalone ceviche
« on: September 15, 2014, 07:02:36 PM »
Okay so I've heard about using abalone in ceviche and that sounds awesome and so I Googled recipes but wanted to see if anyone has a personal favorite, any suggestions, advise anything. Maybe cook the ab a little or do you keep It raw?! I just wanna try it a new way and that sounded bomb. Plus I got some fresh ab from this past weekends triton X competition so I wanna use it before I have to freeze the meat.

Offline SnailHunter

Re: abalone ceviche
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »
1. select a tender ab
2. clean it up and slice from the center in thin strips, make it a few times and you will find a slice size/thickness that you like best.
3. Soak in lime juice (squeeze your own) with some diced peppers (overnight)
4. drain and squeeze off extra lime juice
5. toss with diced red onion, tomato, more peppers (to taste), cilantro (if you can eat the stuff), and diced avocado (optional), add salt to taste.

one of the best ways to eat abalone

Offline natraps

• Diving Is Fun
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:46:41 PM »
Select a tender ab?     ??? What does that mean? They all seem pretty stiff by the time I get around to slicing them up.
Are you tenderizing before you dice it up?
The Lord has given us the seafood; let us enjoy it.

Offline erinne_b

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 06:56:48 PM »
Turned out great!  Thanks for the advice!

Offline JackSquirt

• We're life takers and heart breakers
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 07:15:31 PM »
I'm gonna give this a try. Did you beat on the ab a few times to make it relax before dicing it up?
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAK_Ey3-Y0OQp06SLvni-pw

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt