collapse

Author Topic: Mushroom ID  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Flipper

Mushroom ID
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:32:49 PM »
Anyone know what this species is? Found it under a black oak. Lots of em where I was walking today.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:37:24 PM by Flipper »
The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline todd

Re: Mushroom ID
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:57:44 PM »
Agaricus.....

I found lobsters, chanterelles and hedghogs in gold beach Oregon last week, coastal spruce
Todd Stagnaro

Offline Flipper

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 09:41:05 PM »
Todd,

Very nice haul you have there. Found this for your ID on my mushroom. I'll have to look into there a bit further. Any flavor to them?

Agaricus Blazei Murill Mushroom provides users with the cancer-fighting benefits of the ABM (Agaricus Blazei Murill) mushroom. This mushroom, used for centuries in South America, has been held responsible for the long and healthy lives lived by native communities in the Sao Paulo region of Brazil, where many of the people live past the age of 100. Scientific research into the mushroom over the past 25 years has revealed that they are capable of dramatically stimulating the immune system, helping the body to fight infectious disease and cancers naturally. ABM Prime Mushroom contains Beta-glucans, long-chain polysaccharides that are the most powerful immune system boosting substances ever discovered. Unlike other mushrooms, ABM contains polysaccharides that are effective against not only solid cancers, but also against carcinoma, sigmoid colonic cancer, lung cancer, cancer of the liver, as well as breast and ovarian cancer, both in early and late stages of cancer development.

The ABM mushroom contains Beta-(1-3)-D-glucan, Beta-(1-4)-a-D-glucan & Beta-(1-6)-D-glucan. Known collectively as Beta-glucans, these long-chain polysaccharides are the most potent immuno-potentiating (immune enhancing) substances yet found. They also have very powerful anti-tumor properties. When human subjects are given AMB in their diet, a 3000% increase of NK cells, a type of anti-tumor white blood cell known as Natural Killer cells, is seen in the blood within 2-4 days.

In addition to beta glucans, agaricus also contains derivatives of ergosterol, a potent anti-tumor agent; double stranded RNA, an anti-viral agent; proteoglycans and protein bound polysaccharides of low molecular weight, which are immune enhancers; and, protein bound polysaccharides of high molecular weight, vitamins B1 and B2, proteins in the form of amino acids, niacin, iron, and calcium.
There are many verified reports from around the world of this mushroom being used successfully in late stage cancers that had been determined hopeless and some clinics in Europe base their entire treatment protocols on agaricus blazei murrill mushroom extracts and other complimentary botanicals. In fact, in many published studies, the rate of cure for all types of cancer has been in the high ninety percentile range, even for stage 4 lung cancer, where many complete remissions are often seen in just a few weeks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:53:04 PM by Flipper »

Offline .

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
Todd,

Very nice haul. Are agaricus edible????

Some are. Not sure about the one you found. Agaricus is a genus comprising both edibles and non-edibles.

Offline Flipper

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 09:54:36 PM »
Thank you both. I wont sample until I can positively ID it as an edible. Better safe than sorry. 

Offline todd

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 10:01:04 PM »
No way it's agaricus blazie.
A true mycologists never I'd by pic
Agaricus needs a modicum of skill to fully I'd
Often times you need to stain with acid, look for color change and get a spore print under a scope with my fav Congo red dye

But for macro I'd, agaricus spores cocao brown, which is evident.

In nor cal most often it's calufornicus, if you break it and it smells like phenol or embalming fluid don't eat
No agaricus will kill you but for sure irritate your Bowles and get you sick
Bruise the stalk and see if it turns yellow=xanthoderma
Taste a bit, does it taste like almonds, if so you scored

I would rather hunt amanita a like the overlooked grisset

Todd Stagnaro

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast