collapse

Author Topic: YouTube Music  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
YouTube Music
« on: July 29, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
So what's the scoop on using music with your video?  Last few times I've tried using some I got a no-no notice from YouTube. I saw the attached "buy" option on one video. Is that how to do it without the wrist slap? If so, how do you do it?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:43:32 PM by Duckfoot »
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.  –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Offline Nick F

Re: YouTube Music
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 03:04:45 PM »
Hmm... I'm not sure what the deal is. I've used a few copyrighted songs in my videos, but I've never gotten any kind of notice. That little "buy" option showed up automatically after a day or two.

Maybe it depends on the artist? Some allow it, others don't? I'm just speculating...

Offline JackSquirt

• We're life takers and heart breakers
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 03:24:56 PM »
Search this issue on youtube. There should be some videos that pop up that will guide you through the steps to resolve it. It has something to do with the settings of the video when you're uploading.
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAK_Ey3-Y0OQp06SLvni-pw

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 03:39:18 PM »
Search this issue on youtube. There should be some videos that pop up that will guide you through the steps to resolve it. It has something to do with the settings of the video when you're uploading.

Last I looked, I'll look again, with little exception they directed you to some exceptionally sorry homespun tracks that are royalty free.
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.  –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 07:53:10 PM »
Most of the music I use is royalty free. I give the author the credit for there music.

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 10:46:11 PM »
Most of the music I use is royalty free. I give the author the credit for there music.

Is there a place you look for royalty free music?  How do you know it's OK to use?

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 12:11:01 AM »
A quick way to test is to look up the song on a mobile device. If it won't play the artists song, they are a stingy butt hole.

There are tons of royalty free songs, that really depends on what type of music you are looking for?

I'm not sure what you mean by look up the song on a mobile device. And as far as what I'm looking for - anything that sucks a bit less than what I've been finding. -- where's that puking emoticon anyway...

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 09:16:47 AM »

Is there a place you look for royalty free music?  How do you know it's OK to use?
I did a google search of royalty free music for youtube and you places like these.
http://www.danosongs.com/
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/

Offline JackSquirt

• We're life takers and heart breakers
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 12:00:25 PM »
You guys there is some method to circumvent the system. I use music from my itunes library in the videos no problem. When you upload to youtube you have to "acknowledge third party content". Its under the "my videos" setting tabs but i forgot exactly how to do it. Look up acknowledging third party content. I remember watching a video on how to do it. Something about copy and pasting a liability release statement into the form...
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAK_Ey3-Y0OQp06SLvni-pw

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 12:03:47 PM »
A quick way to test is to look up the song on a mobile device. If it won't play the artists song, they are a stingy butt hole.

There are tons of royalty free songs, that really depends on what type of music you are looking for?

I'm not sure what you mean by look up the song on a mobile device. And as far as what I'm looking for - anything that sucks a bit less than what I've been finding. -- where's that puking emoticon anyway...

A mobile phone...ipad etc..

Rock, German polka, dubstep...? OR are you really looking for anything with sound?

Sorry, and thanks for trying, but I'm still not sure what you mean. What app are you using to search with?

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:03 PM »

I did a google search of royalty free music for youtube and you places like these.
http://www.danosongs.com/
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/

I like some of the stuff on danosongs.  Thanks!!

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »
You guys there is some method to circumvent the system. I use music from my itunes library in the videos no problem. When you upload to youtube you have to "acknowledge third party content". Its under the "my videos" setting tabs but i forgot exactly how to do it. Look up acknowledging third party content. I remember watching a video on how to do it. Something about copy and pasting a liability release statement into the form...

Good tip - thanks!  I'll do a search for the vid you mention.

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 12:58:14 PM »

Good tip - thanks!  I'll do a search for the vid you mention.

Did that search and found this -- thanks again!

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130319205252AAatuSH

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »

I've done that and it still wont play on mobile devices, but you can use it on desktop.

Duckfoot- You mean how do I watch Youtube? Both Youtube app and mobile browser wont play copyrighted music. Desktops, and laptops will.

What I meant is what Genre are you looking for, or are you just wanting anything with sound for background?

OH! Ok, I think I get it now - if you post a video with music then watch it on a mobile device and the music doesn't play... I thought you meant something else.
As far as genre - I don't have anything specif in mind. Just good stuff that doesn't sound like a high tech version of Schroeder's toy piano.
Thanks again for trying to walk me through... 

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 04:15:29 PM »

Soo what you're saying is you don't want this...

Haha..

HA! Yeah -- but ya know, that was pretty cool. :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:17:54 PM by Duckfoot »

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt