collapse

Author Topic: Video of scuba dive  (Read 1456 times)

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
Video of scuba dive
« on: July 27, 2014, 09:29:16 PM »
Only saw one halibut. Passed on the other rockfish and lings to do some video testing the gopro gun mount.
Mike speared a couple of nice lings.

Offline Duckfoot

• Jack Shaw Sculpture
Re: Video of scuba dive
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »
Loved it!

Was that all on shot the GoPro? What were your settings? Some of it seemed like a tighter angle than I normally see. ... zoom during edit?
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.  –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Offline Nick F

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »
Great footage of all those wales! Very cool, thanks!

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:01:59 PM »
Loved it!

Was that all on shot the GoPro? What were your settings? Some of it seemed like a tighter angle than I normally see. ... zoom during edit?
Most of it was shot with the GoPro, Some of the video was on the Canon that has a zoom. The GoPro has no zoom, just wide angle.
The best video was lost from the canon, fogged dirty lens. I was so bummed, we drifted right on top of them when all three whales were slapping there fins.

Offline Rick W

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »
Great vid. Thanks for sharing!
There are no bad days at the beach.

Offline DG

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »
Only saw one halibut. Passed on the other rockfish and lings to do some video testing the gopro gun mount.
Mike speared a couple of nice lings.

Thanks for posting the video.  Just reminds me to go to other places.  Everywhere I have dove recently has been over grown with kelp and those open area sure would be a nice change. 

Offline natraps

• Diving Is Fun
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 10:12:30 PM »
Cool Video DD! So you had the field of view on the GoPro set to narrow; which also cuts down on the fish-eye effect. But you can remove the fish-eye with editing software that you know how to use.
The Lord has given us the seafood; let us enjoy it.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt