collapse

Author Topic: Donate your used SCUBA Equipment  (Read 2591 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Donate your used SCUBA Equipment
« on: December 10, 2009, 12:40:11 PM »
This is a great idea, I found this on another board so that is why I reposted.

Hi everyone,

I saw this post on Craigslist and thought was a good idea to post here. I know a few members of the SJ Flipper Dippers dive club, so I can be sure donated gear can get to the right place. If you're interested in donated your gear please let me know or contact Jim by his email below.

Give the gift of SCUBA!

-----------
The San Jose Flipper Dippers (http://www.sjflipperdippers.com) are collecting donations of used Scuba gear for the Soldiers Undertaking Disabled Scuba ( http://www.sudsdiving.org) program. Diving allows all of us the freedom to enjoy a wonderful world away from all of life’s pressures, day to day realities, and also its tragedies. This freedom we experience is now being enjoyed by participants in a program called Soldiers Undertaking Disabled Scuba (SUDS). SUDS is a chapter of the Wounded Warriors/Disabled Sports Project, which helps our wounded warriors who have suffered life changing injuries. SUDS is specifically looking for masks, fins, recreational BCD's (jacket style or weight integrated) regulators & 3mm wetsuits - either shorty or full that are less than 10 years old. If you have Scuba equipment in good condition you would like to donate and help our vets please send me an email.

Jim
San Jose Flipper Dippers
wingrez@sbcglobal.net
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
Re: Donate your used SCUBA Equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:57:50 PM »
Nice program, If only more people in the world would do more giving. :icon_cheers:
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:35:12 AM »
     I will take donations :sad10: :sad1:      :laughing7: :icon_tongue:
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline frakkinshiny

• Administrator
    • Underwater Photography by Ericson Reduta
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 10:28:01 AM »
I'm in contact with Jim of the SJ Flipper Dippers, so if you have donations we can meet somewhere halfway between the North Coast and San Jose.

Thanks!

Ericson
20ft vis, 50F, Kelp...a great dive!
Underwater Photography by Ericson

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 12:59:43 PM »
I have a couple pairs of fins I would donate to a good cause. Is anyone else going to donate anything if so lets all get all of our stuff together and send it in one trip???????
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Offline divn-cali

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 11:51:50 PM »
That's a good idea Jason. Next club dive bring what you want to donate and I'll take it all to ER. I'm in Antioch and about 1hr.15mins. from San Jose. So me and ER could meet in Pleasanton to get the stuff to the SJ Flipper Dippers. Heck, the next Club Dive should be at Pt. Lobos, so I could drive to ER on the way back home, sweet!!!
Need a partner mid week? PM me!!!!

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt