collapse

Author Topic: 3mm gloves  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Stinkbait

• Live to dive
3mm gloves
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:35:41 AM »
Anyone using 3 mil gloves up north and cen cal area? What's the verdict I'm tired of 5mil gloves

Offline jjjjeremy

• Your resident swordsmith
    • ABSCALIBUR
Re: 3mm gloves
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
Yeah, they're fine. Mine are almost fingerless gloves at this point too.

Offline Stinkbait

• Live to dive
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:05:06 PM »
Haha I don't know why I wear my gloves they have so many holes. Divin sws next Sunday if your in

Offline DiVeRJoE

• Previously known as "SiRHmBJoE"
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »
Haha I don't know why I wear my gloves they have so many holes. Divin sws next Sunday if your in

Me and Specialk650 will be diving Sws this weekend. Not sure what day yet.

Offline Road Runner

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 04:00:57 PM »
I just bought a pair of these:
http://www.sportchalet.com/product/scuba+dive+center/shop+scuba/dive+suits+-+accessories/dive+gloves/301554_3162648.do

They look awesome. They are a hybrid of neoprene and garden glove material.
I am curious how they will hold up...I usually destroy a pair of regular dive gloves after ten dives.

Offline Stinkbait

• Live to dive
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 09:15:59 AM »
Norcal slayer let me know how they work

Offline Stinkbait

• Live to dive
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 09:17:14 AM »
 Me and Specialk650 will be diving Sws this weekend. Not sure what day yet.

I'm headin down Sunday to meet up with some guys if you guys wanna join.

Offline Adam415

• Freediver
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »
I used cressi 2.5 mm gloves with argos 2mm socks over the weekend in the monterey area. My feet were a little cold but my hands were fine.

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 10:54:07 AM »
I used cressi 2.5 mm gloves with argos 2mm socks over the weekend in the monterey area. My feet were a little cold but my hands were fine.

...that's the same set up I use.

Adam, between the matching suit, gloves, and socks, you're starting to freak me out, lol
Carpe piscem

Offline Adam415

• Freediver
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 11:00:04 AM »

Adam, between the matching suit, gloves, and socks, you're starting to freak me out, lol

Ha, thats funny pete. We need to get out and dive soon. I may head back down that way this coming weekend if the weather is good.

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 11:30:52 AM »
I just bought a pair of these:
http://www.sportchalet.com/product/scuba+dive+center/shop+scuba/dive+suits+-+accessories/dive+gloves/301554_3162648.do

They look awesome. They are a hybrid of neoprene and garden glove material.
I am curious how they will hold up...I usually destroy a pair of regular dive gloves after ten dives.

those are what I use and I love them I have a year on mine so far and that was with a half of season of bug diving as well as ab diving, for a thin glove they keep you hands warm.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline SnailHunter

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 03:01:49 PM »
For half of last season and part of this season I've been using a pair of gloves made by Waterproof.  They are regular 3mm scuba gloves but the articulation and sensitivity are great.

But being scuba gloves, the stitching is on the outside.  I've been super gentle with them and they have held up so far.  Very warm.  Also I feel like my aim and the timing of my shots has improved since I started using them.  The gun fits like an extension of my hand.

I like the look of those JBL gardening gloves though.  Maybe for days when I am not shooting many fish but climbing around on the bottom.

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 03:28:14 PM »

Ha, thats funny pete. We need to get out and dive soon. I may head back down that way this coming weekend if the weather is good.

Definitely need to get a dive in.

I leave for Baja tomorrow but will be back on the 22nd. After that it's wide open for diving and I'm also game to come up your way to dive as well.
Carpe piscem

Offline maodiver

• Great Whites are Pussies
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »
I used to tear through gloves.  getting in, gettin out, getting abs, they had about 12 dives and I was getting new ones.

Not any more.  I used tool dip, and that worked well, but the best I have found so far is made by the same people who make aqua seal (which works well too), but is thinner than aqua seal.  I spread it on the tips of the gloves, it goes on white and stays whitish.  I have not torn out the gloves in at least 2 dozen dives.  No holes, no tears, no nothing.  I will continue to use it.  I think it came in a black tube.  Will look for it.

Mike
Dad, what's for dinner?

Wookie steaks

Are they good?

Ehhh, they're a little Chewy.

Offline Adam415

• Freediver
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 09:54:17 PM »

Definitely need to get a dive in.

I leave for Baja tomorrow but will be back on the 22nd. After that it's wide open for diving and I'm also game to come up your way to dive as well.

Sounds good Pete.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt