collapse

Author Topic: 4 out of 7 days we ate from the ocean. Good week.  (Read 1102 times)

Offline DG

4 out of 7 days we ate from the ocean. Good week.
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »
This is a summary of what we ate last week.  All from the ocean at zero cost.  Matt has instructed me on how to post better images, so I needed something to upload for the test.  I have learned that Tapatalk works for my cell phone, but not very well on my computer.  Uploading from the web forum directly seems to be a better option.

Offline Chet

Re: 4 out of 7 days we ate from the ocean. Good week.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:35:16 PM »
Salmon, crabs are my favorite.
Dive and Fish.
San Jose, CA

Offline JackSquirt

• We're life takers and heart breakers
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 03:38:32 PM »
Mmmmm grilled salmon. Best fish dish hands down when done right

:P
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAK_Ey3-Y0OQp06SLvni-pw

Offline natraps

• Diving Is Fun
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:33:59 PM »
Life is very good for you. Pair that seafood up with some local, organic, heirloom produce and life approaches perfection.
Great photos too!!
The Lord has given us the seafood; let us enjoy it.

Offline winklecl

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »
Fantastic sea fare. Might want to reconsider the statement "at zero cost". Fishing/hunting/diving is definitely expensive. Unless you're a total beach bum that is  ;).

Offline DG

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:19:12 PM »
Fantastic sea fare. Might want to reconsider the statement "at zero cost". Fishing/hunting/diving is definitely expensive. Unless you're a total beach bum that is  ;).
You are right. Sometimes it costs more to get it from the source. I should have said I did not buy any of this seafood at the store. 

Last year I bought tuna from the docks and grilled and canned a bunch if it. This year I am going to get my own.  And unless they come close to shore it will cost a lot in fuel costs. 

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt