collapse

Author Topic: Meat Run -- Chet goes to the dark side  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Rick W

Meat Run -- Chet goes to the dark side
« on: June 29, 2014, 10:25:19 AM »
Chet, Southern Boy and I went out on a meat run on Scuba (I lost my freezer in April  :-[)

We took my inflatable out of the breakwater up towards the point. It was flat and we actually had pretty good visibility (maybe 20'+ in spots). The first spot was pretty shallow and surgy, but Southern boy nailed two nice MFE and a cab before the third one spun the point off of his spear. Chet came back with two small Chinas. I got two lings a nice greenlings and various rockfish that decided to follow me home for dinner.

The second dive was beautiful. Lots of nice structure and visibility of 30'+  in areas. Southern boy birddogged for me and spotted some nice cabs. His eyes are better that mine -- I shot where he pointed, but they looked like rocks to me until they came out of the holes (I may have to loosen his spearpoint on purpose next time) I gave him my gun to get a ling so I wouldn't have to hear him whimper on the way back to the dock. I saw my first wolf eel and got  a clean shot when he poked his head out of a hole. This time Chet came back with a nice stringer of rock fish and two respectable ling.

Fish BBQ tonight.

Attached is a picture of the sauteed rockfish with my Mom's homegrown 'maters that I made earlier this week.  :P

There are no bad days at the beach.

Offline jjjjeremy

• Your resident swordsmith
    • ABSCALIBUR
Re: Meat Run -- Chet goes to the dark side
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »
Nice!  Spounds like a great day!

Offline DG

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 12:51:41 PM »
Great couple of days on the water provided the opportunity to fill the freezer.  Glad it worked out and I am sure you had fun out there.

Offline Chet

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 10:05:10 PM »
It was indeed a great day. 1st spot I saw only 1 cab. Took two rock fishes for the whole 60 mintues I was under water.
The bad news was I puked like a bitch non-stop.
2nd stop was right on top of a big pinnacle. When I got to the bottom around 55ft I knew I was in ling zone.
Bag 2 lings, 1 cab and full string of rock fishes. I love my Rob Allen even more since I can use it as a stringer.
My wife made this dish after calling to my mom. Use only half of the ling.

Thanks Rick for having me on the boat.

Dive and Fish.
San Jose, CA

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 10:31:57 PM »
Congrats!!!

People knock scuba spearfishing, but hey...when you're on a meat run, you're on a meat run.
Carpe piscem

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt