collapse

Author Topic: SHEEP CRAB ???? YES YES YES..... Rangoons & Enchiladas  (Read 746 times)

Offline Jacks Diving

• www.jacksdiving.com
SHEEP CRAB ???? YES YES YES..... Rangoons & Enchiladas
« on: June 07, 2014, 07:34:39 PM »
So, people have given me mixed reviews on the sheep crab and I have seen a bunch of them diving the north coast. I always thought they looked like a king crab, and I have heard some people complain about the shell bits etc.... and I have heard some people say they are OK, but never a rave review... 

I recently went with my Girl Jeanne, Aquaman(JAO), Chatty Mattie and a buddy Sam to The islands on the Sand Dollar and had a blast!! Although it wasn't "Super Fishy" we found our way into some cool stuff.... Including this 10lb + Sheep crab I pulled from an artillery filled beach. I grabbed another one but it wasn't as big,  and it was down in a sand heaven in about 40-50ft w/ almost 70ft Vis(beautiful!)

I boiled it up after separating the legs and made some great dishes:

Crab Rangoons:
Won Ton Wrappers (square)
Cream Cheese
Cracked pepper
Diced Green onion
Turbinado sugar(just a spoonful)

Veggie oil and fry time!!
DONT FORGET SRIRACHA OR MAEPLOY....... its part of the experience!

If you know how to make won ton, It's easy and great!

The enchiladas are easy.... make enchiladas with Green enchilada sauce, fill with Queso Casero, shredded cheese, Sheep Crab and your choice of spices.... Enjoy!!

Here are a couple pics, one of the Crab and one of the shell I made into a light shade.

if you kill it, you eat it.... don't be a dick

Offline natraps

• Diving Is Fun
Re: SHEEP CRAB ???? YES YES YES..... Rangoons & Enchiladas
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 10:21:40 PM »
All the crabs are delicious.
Plus one decent sheepshead can have pounds of meat in it.
The Lord has given us the seafood; let us enjoy it.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt