collapse

Author Topic: Freedive Computers  (Read 2148 times)

Offline rafterman

Re: Freedive Computers
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 08:05:07 AM »
Aeris Manta...here's the print. I like these features.

Oversized Digits
Take the AERIS challenge: When shopping for a new dive computer, compare the displays. When it comes to viewing critical information, which would you rather see at 100 feet?

Audible Alarms with Flashing LED Warning Light
The Manta features a variety of system and user-customized audible alarms, alerting you to situations that pose a potential danger, or simply serve as a convenient reminder.

Audible Alarm Acknowledgement™
Have you ever had difficulty hearing your computer's audible alarm? Perhaps that little beep signifying a potentially dangerous situation was timed perfectly with your exhaust bubbles rushing past your ears. Or maybe it seemed insignificant as that huge manta ray soared overhead. You won't miss the Manta's audible alarm. Once triggered, the alarm will sound continuously for 10 seconds. We know what you're thinking. "That's nice, I'll definitely hear the alarm, but isn't that going to annoy me and everyone else in the water?" We thought of that too. The alarm's job is to get your attention so that you look at the computer. Once it does that, simply press the button and it will stop. You're a responsible diver and the Manta treats you that way.
Do what You want to do…

Glaucus

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 08:11:15 AM »
From what I read most of the accomplished divers are using the D4. Now they are saying the F10 is its competitor. I think the surface interval is very important because it's the thing we all like to cheat on. It's hard to make yourself stay on the surface and oxygenate when your partner is down there popping a big ab or chasing a ling. With a timer you can force yourself to stay on the surface the appropriate amount of time. 3 minutes feels like an hour when you want to dive.

I agree 100%  Wearing a computer showed me what I had long suspected, that my surface interval is pretty erratic.  Sometimes I thought I was ready to go back down but it had only been like 30-40 seconds.  On that much rest my bottom time sucks.  Those are the dives that take their toll and make me start thinking about going back in. 

Sorry if this thread is getting off topic...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:17:41 AM by Glaucus »

Offline rafterman

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 09:45:06 AM »
and after reading the cause of decompression illness it has a number of practical operating modes to help avoid getting hurt.
"Honey this thing could save my life"

I hope this isn't the only thing that will help you out of DCI. The D4 should only be used as a back-up while on SCUBA.
? do you say that...
Do what You want to do…

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 10:17:57 AM »
If I was competing for depth and bottom time than maybe a comp. would be good but for rec. diving just go out and have a good time with your buds. :toothy12: :toothy12:
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 12:42:34 PM »
If I was competing for depth and bottom time than maybe a comp. would be good but for rec. diving just go out and have a good time with your buds. :toothy12: :toothy12:
Well said.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt