collapse

Author Topic: Abalone diver dies at Horse point cove.  (Read 1982 times)

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Abalone diver dies at Horse point cove.
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:07:21 PM »
Hey Fellow NCUH'ers we have lost a fellow snail killer, Abalone diver dies at Horse point cove. My condolence go out to his fam

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091122/ARTICLES/911229953/1350?Title=Body-of-diver-pulled-from-Salt-Point-State-Park

Try this one sorry.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:30:17 PM by MATT MATTISON »
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: Abalone diver dies at Horse point cove.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 01:14:10 PM »
The diver has been identified as Brian Dinday, 62, of San Rafael.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091123/NEWS/911239980/1350?Title=Diver-ID-d-in-Salt-Point-State-Point-drowning-

RIP ! that Sacermento syndrome gets them all the time. Kenny Rogers say got to know when to hold them and when to fold them meaning when to dive and when not to dive.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:35:13 PM by MATT MATTISON »
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Glaucus

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »
For some reason the links don't work:

Body of diver pulled from Salt Point State Park

By GUY KOVNER
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Published: Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 3:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 9:41 p.m.

An unidentified diver's body was pulled from the ocean at Salt Point State Park on Sunday by the Sonoma County Sheriff's helicopter crew.
The helicopter, deputies and state parks lifeguards responded to a report of a person floating face down in the water near Horseshoe Cove about 1 p.m., Sgt. Dave Thompson said in a press release.
The diver, wearing a wetsuit, was partially out of the water when Paramedic Scott Westrope was lowered to him on a 100-foot line attached to the helicopter.
Pilot Paul Bradley lifted Westrope and the man to the top of the bluffs surrounding the cove, where the man was determined to be dead, Thompson said.
In a separate incident, just as the mission was completed, hikers reported someone stranded on a rocky outcropping south of Horseshoe Cove.
Two men were spotted on a rock surrounded by rough water, and they were hoisted to shore separately by Westrope and Flight Deputy Chris Lomanto, again using the 100-foot rescue line.
The Santa Rosa men, ages 19 and 20, had been fishing on the rock when the tide came in, cutting them off from the shore, Thompson said.

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:58:16 PM »
 Unfortunately there is a sad side to this sport. His family will be in my thoughts.
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Glaucus

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 03:01:19 PM »
Maybe it was a favorite spot that he wanted to hunt one last time before it closed forever.  Given the conditions I saw online it had to be pretty darn rough in there in Sunday.  Beautiful spot to die though.  Condolences to the family.  RIP brother.

Offline Brandon Turknett

• RATHERBDIVING
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »
this makes me sad every time i here about it, i find it hard to believe that somebody that lives that close wouldnt just say hey ill come try tommorow. my condolences to his family
Divers go deeper, and stay down longer

Offline rafterman

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 05:01:32 PM »
Maybe he got his wish...it was blowing 20 knots, with swell at 9' and it doesn't mention a dive buddy.

"There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy."

He's at rest now...Peace be with him.
Do what You want to do…

Offline divn-cali

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 05:21:13 PM »
My prayers are with his family. I sure hope that when I'm 62 that I will still be diving! Not alone though! What a shame.
Need a partner mid week? PM me!!!!

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 06:45:43 PM »
My prayers go out to his family. That's where i want to be when I go, hopefully under different circumstances
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

Glaucus

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 11:01:03 AM »
My prayers go out to his family. That's where i want to be when I go, hopefully under different circumstances

Second that.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt