collapse

Author Topic: Free dive training  (Read 1037 times)

Offline rafterman

Free dive training
« on: November 19, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
As anyone had any training as to Free diving, i see a number of web sites who claim to help your bottom time which I think we would all like to do.
My question is "what type of training do you do to help our BT.
Do what You want to do…

rangair94

Re: Free dive training
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »
Hold your breath and walk around.

Abdvrob

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »
Work out at the gym and run. There was a post on this discussion a while ago. Some useful tips on it if you can find it.

Offline divn-cali

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:42:04 AM »
There are a lot of different techniques for breath hold. Practice all of them! Find what works best for you. I have a pool I practice in all summer long. For me it is about slowing the heart rate, breathing up (increasing O2 load in the blood stream) and using as little energy as possible to get down to the bottom. Again, lots of differing techniques, find what works the best for you by practicing in a pool. If you don't have one, almost any of the local gyms will let you use theirs for about $10 or so, maybe even cheaper, they want your membership right? Any way, that is a lot cheaper than a freediving class! You can probably find just about all the different techniques on line or through some books. They all work to varying degrees, so practice, practice, practice!!! And be careful doing it! You can pass out without pain or any other signs to warn you!
Need a partner mid week? PM me!!!!

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 06:48:44 AM »
Free dive training all I can say is PFI Performance Freediving Institute the best $600 a free diver can spend.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline rafterman

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 01:30:35 PM »
Here's my running plan...

Week 1: Run 2 min, walk 3 min; repeat 6 times

Week 2: Run 3 min, walk 3 min; repeat 5 times

Week 3: Run 5 min, walk 2 min; repeat 4 times

Week 4: Run 7 min, walk 3 min; repeat 3 times

Week 5: Run 8 min, walk 2 min; repeat 3 times

Week 6: Run 9 min, walk 1 min; repeat 3 times

Week 7: Run 30 minutes

After you've been running for at least six weeks, add intervals to continue building fitness and shedding pounds. Intervals are short bursts of speed that engage the muscle fibers that make you go fast. (Bonus: Research has shown that sprints trigger a fat-frying response in your muscles.) To do them, warm up for six minutes with an easy jog. Then run faster for 15 to 20 seconds. Slow down to an easy pace for three minutes. Repeat the cycle three to five times, then cool down with a six-minute jog. Do intervals once a week and increase your sprint length by 10 seconds each week until you can go all-out for 80 seconds.
Keep It Up!
Nothing bursts your bubble faster than an injury. Take a few simple precautions and you'll rarely — if ever — be sidelined.

Increase your runs gradually. Up your running time by no more than 10 percent a week, Holland says. That means if you run a total of 10 miles one week, aim for 11 the next.

Shore up the rest of your body. Weak muscles are prime targets for injury. Strengthen them with a biweekly 20-minute strength-training session that targets all your major muscle groups, Holland says. Try the total-body plan at womenshealthmag.com/fitness/total-body-workout-8.
Do what You want to do…

Glaucus

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
Great idea to begin running Rafterman.  Go for it!!!  Even if your bottom time does not improve much you'll feel hella good!

Also try the static and dynamic apnea tables you can find online.  You'll be amazed what your body can do!  Just use a buddy if you do any pool work.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt