collapse

Author Topic: Yazbeck socks suck...  (Read 1309 times)

Calif_Diver

Re: Yazbeck socks suck...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 08:36:15 AM »
 There was one year that they had problems with the glue at the seams but the issue was corrected at the factory.

That must have been the year i bought one,first dive glue seams,second dive glue seam,take back to shop  and was told go ahead and use it it has a year guarantee.Well i don't dive as much as a lot of you do but i never took it back and wont be buying any more yazbeck  wetsuits.

Offline riobuster

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 04:33:14 PM »
Argos are great but the thickest they come (that I have seen) is 4mm. Your fins my be a little loose if you are wearing 7mm socks now.
Everything in the universe flows. You can't get a hold of water by clutching it. Let your hand relax and only then will you enjoy and experience it.

Offline Jacks Diving

• www.jacksdiving.com
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 05:09:43 PM »
 ;DSUPER BUMP on the Argos, ;D
I use them for work and I have had the same pair for a while now. I wear the socks on the outside when I am at work and they have never slipped down. The toe and  heel are are reinforced and I have only had 1 thread come loose but no seams bust. Well worth the price !
if you kill it, you eat it.... don't be a dick

Offline IceColdChuck

• Spearfishing and Travel Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »
They don't, 2 or 4. But your probably fine for fit with the 4mm
-Charlie
www.CharlesLaKamp.com and...

www.redtrianglespearfishing.com

"Survival is the ability to swim in strange water"
-Bene Gesserit Proverb

Offline Heathman1476

• http://www.pacificnaluspearfishing.com/
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »
Got to try out my new yazbeck gloves and socks today and they were Awesome. We will see how they hold up. Sean from the free dive shoppe recommended them an so far so good.
The world is made up of 71 percent water. Go grab your wet suit and lets go diving...

http://www.pacificnaluspearfishing.com/

My you tube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heathman1476/

Offline fuzz

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 08:02:11 AM »
I love both the socks & gloves.  They are indeed fragile, so need to take care of em.

The argos 4mm is bomb proof and I like them for shore dives, but they are noticeably colder than my yazbeck 5mm booties, more than the 1mm diff would suggest.  If it's a long shoredive, I'll wear old shoes down to the water and switch to yazbecks before jumping in.   For kayak dives, yazbeck all the way.

Same with gloves - the 3mm Yazbeck gloves are super nice & warm... but I do have a few pairs because I tend to abuse my gear.  I used to use 3 & 4mm kevlar gloves... not surprisingly, the 3mm yazbecks are way warmer and light years ahead in mobility.  Maybe I'm just getting old, but being comfortable is worth more to me than getting an extra couple months out of a pair of gloves/booties.  I want to enjoy my time on the water as much as possible.  There are a few things that I've found make a huge difference in longevity.  i.e. for lings, I use the space between the outer gillraker and gillplate to secure the throat vs just jamming my hand through the sharp gillrakers.

Offline speargearshop

• Sven Anderson Owner- speargearshop.com
    • speargearshop - high performance spearfishing hardware and lifestyle clothing
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 09:40:59 AM »
Yeah well, Sean will also tell you to just use shampoo to get into your suit too...

Harild makes a good point about the gloves, though this is about boots but Kevlar gloves are just plain cold. Allthat stitching Iis like putting a collander on your hands. I have several pr of Akonas that I invest a tube of schmeg in and coat them. Tough and warmer but bulky. If I figure needing to hold or grab something small or delicate I wear a pr of old skin 2 side gloves from god knows where.

Whether you rock the Argos or put up with the Yazbecks, wearing shoes or Crocs or sandles to the beach is mandatory to keeping them in one piece.

Offline dustyyoungblood

• Original Spearfishing Equipment
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »
all fin socks suck
Living the California dream

Offline ASteve

• A Steve Cali Outdoor Photography
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 08:04:38 PM »
Snivel, snivel....snivel... ;D  For what it's worth.... I'm loving my Yazbeck shocks...2nd pair ... no problems for me...gloves and suite are impeccable too!

SC

Offline Heathman1476

• http://www.pacificnaluspearfishing.com/
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 10:01:52 PM »

Snivel, snivel....snivel... ;D  For what it's worth.... I'm loving my Yazbeck shocks...2nd pair ... no problems for me...gloves and suite are impeccable too!

SC
Love my Yaz gloves and socks.
The world is made up of 71 percent water. Go grab your wet suit and lets go diving...

http://www.pacificnaluspearfishing.com/

My you tube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heathman1476/

Offline Jacks Diving

• www.jacksdiving.com
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »
said it once, I'll say it again....

ARGOS ARGOS ARGOS
if you kill it, you eat it.... don't be a dick

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 09:31:10 AM »
said it once, I'll say it again....

ARGOS ARGOS ARGOS

+1

Also, Cressi gloves rock
Carpe piscem

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt