collapse

Author Topic: Yazbeck socks suck...  (Read 1308 times)

randyrhoads

Yazbeck socks suck...
« on: December 11, 2013, 06:01:30 PM »
Bought some new yazbeck socks. Tried them out today and I felt like taking them off and pushing them out to sea. They constantly slid down my ankle into the fin pocket. At one point it was almost completely off my foot hangin out the toe hole in the front of the fin pocket. Constantly had to take my fins off and put them back on. Don't think they're too big, I actually thought they were  too small. Before I burn these anyone else had this problem or know why they're doing this?

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
Re: Yazbeck socks suck...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:04:37 PM »
Don't use lube for the socks and tuck them under the wetsuit.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »
No, they suck, but the lube doesn't help.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »
Don't get rid of them so fast.

Do you have a Yazbeck suit?

Offline Flipper

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 06:23:02 PM »
No, they suck, but the lube doesn't help.

+1 I bought a pair and they didn't last a season. I hear Argos socks are the shisell. I think I used that correctly (sp) for the younger readers. I want to get a pair when my cheapies wear out.   : )
The more I learn, the less I know.

Calif_Diver

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 06:51:50 PM »
No yazbeck suit. Kind of disappointed thought yazbeck was top notch.

So did i but i found out the hard way ,and it wasn't cheap socks, the argos are good though.

Offline Rob102

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 06:53:25 PM »
I was going to say if you have the Yazbeck suit, to put it on the pile and burn it too.  LOL

Actually they are warm suits, just not durable IMO.  The socks are thin and if they get a hole or if the cuff slips out of the suit, the sock fills with water when you kick and slips down over the foot.

Offline HOLY DIVER

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »
I have a pair and they fit great.yours might be to small

Offline ggibson

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 06:59:55 PM »
+1 for the Argos socks.   I burned through several pairs of Yazbecks in a short time period.  It seemed like taking 12 steps on asphalt was enough to rip them to shreds.   Argos have held up great so far; I'm 6 months inand no visible wear yet.

Offline IceColdChuck

• Spearfishing and Travel Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 07:10:21 PM »
+1 for Argos, each sock is made for either the right or left foot, and they're durable. At only 4mm they're not the warmest, but they hold up and they fit nice. I tore through many a pair of omer socks and other brands before finding Argos.
-Charlie
www.CharlesLaKamp.com and...

www.redtrianglespearfishing.com

"Survival is the ability to swim in strange water"
-Bene Gesserit Proverb

Offline pclark

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 07:49:06 PM »
+1 for Argos
have inner nylon lining and great sole.
wish they were 5mm though

havn't tried the yazbecks,
but I did just get a pair of the yazbeck gloves,
and I'm supper happy with them.

Offline Lawdog (AKA "Ling Dinger")

• What would an ocean be without a monster lurking
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »
Not sure if I'm the only one but I have a Yazbeck suit, love it, and the socks, no problems, gloves got tore up a bit on the fingers this season but seems like the jagged rocks like to eat Em. I used some of the liquid patch and they are back in action. Just my cent and a half.
"Josh Russo ruined my life"

Offline Malibu_Two

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »
Not sure if I'm the only one but I have a Yazbeck suit, love it, and the socks, no problems, gloves got tore up a bit on the fingers this season but seems like the jagged rocks like to eat Em. I used some of the liquid patch and they are back in action. Just my cent and a half.

Same here. Yazbeck suit, gloves, and socks. The gloves have holes after a season but I still stay warm and nimble. The socks have a few nicks, but no problems with the cold.
The wetsuit is great!

Offline Joshua R.

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
The suits are fine. The socks suck. I'm on my fourth yazbeck suit and I loved every one. They're durable enough if you don't stab yourself with a spear while carrying your buddies kayak. There was one year that they had problems with the glue at the seams but the issue was corrected at the factory. Still sometimes you hear grumbling about the seams but I dive the hell out of my suits and can't complain. The socks on the other hand....  I've never had the fit problem you describe but maybe that's because they only last a few weeks before they tear. Argos are hands down the best socks. You can wear them all day, carry your yacks, climb up and down hills. Not one issue with the Argos socks.

Offline speargearshop

• Sven Anderson Owner- speargearshop.com
    • speargearshop - high performance spearfishing hardware and lifestyle clothing
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 05:44:31 AM »
Yazbecks are absolute garbage.
Even though most suits now are made in China and Cambodia, Yazbecks are disappointing in their construction and performance. I tried them initially when the ass hat thst runs it patently a tole the Picasso patterns and again after he swore up and down he fixed the problems.  No.
I actually had great experience with the socks but only because I wasn't walking in em and a couple pairs off boats. As soon as they compressed they were worthless.
I've been really happy with the Argos product.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt