collapse

Author Topic: great mushroom recipe for store bought mushroom pansies like myself  (Read 1728 times)

Offline BuckNasty

I imagine you could do this with wild mushrooms just as easily, and if you were tres jalapenos macho you could make the stuffing out of some abalone to boot:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/sausage-stuffed-mushrooms-recipe/index.html

Offline todd

Re: great mushroom recipe for store bought mushroom pansies like myself
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 05:42:16 PM »
I love coccoli.... My buddy picked his first dune matsutaki from arcata yesterday....
I'm heading up to shelter cove after thanksgiving on the weekend to foray, all r welcome
Todd Stagnaro

Offline BuckNasty

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:44:37 AM »
I'm game to forage for some this coming weekend if any of you catch this.  The marinated mushrooms at safeway in the olive buffet thing (I know, bitch ass as well) are rocking my face off currently.  Honorable mention also goes to habanero pickled garlic from garlic world in gilroy.  all above mentioned items with a pale ale are awesome.

Offline jjjjeremy

• Your resident swordsmith
    • ABSCALIBUR
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:53:51 AM »

Honorable mention also goes to habanero pickled garlic from garlic world in gilroy.

People actually stop there? I've been driving by my entire life and have never been in.

Offline BuckNasty

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 06:28:13 PM »
stop in, they have an area set up to try either spicy, italian, plain, smoked, or habanero pickled garlic.  A big jar goes for $10.99 and you'll likely be hooked, it's not a strong garlic taste.  If you throw it in a salsa or chili it's always a hit.  The cashier told me a guy sliced elephant garlic and baked it on lingcod with a sauce, supposedly was good.  I didn't know what you'd do with elephant garlic.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast