collapse

Author Topic: Freediver Dies of Lung Related Injuries in Bahamas  (Read 529 times)

Offline underwater1

Freediver Dies of Lung Related Injuries in Bahamas
« on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:23 AM »
Rare fatal incident reminds us to be humble and surface at first sign of trouble.  This is not the first story I have read about someone who hurt themselves after they had the urge to surface and decided to ignore it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/11/free-diver-nick-mevoli-32-dies-while-attempting-new-depths-in-bahamas/

Offline jjjjeremy

• Your resident swordsmith
    • ABSCALIBUR
Re: Freediver Dies of Lung Related Injuries in Bahamas
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 01:36:06 PM »
Read about that too. No need to push ourselves like that. I had a fight with an abalone over the weekend that made me remember how deep 40ft really is. First time in a while that I wished the surface was a bit closer. Always have to remember that fish is sold on every street corner, big abs are found in shallow water, and your buddy can always grab your belt for you.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt