collapse

Author Topic: A few finds from yesterday...  (Read 4089 times)

randyrhoads

A few finds from yesterday...
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:52:13 PM »
Drove up to Caspar yesterday. Didn't end up diving but it wasn't a total loss. Found a few tasty mushrooms. Amanita muscaria, Armillaria mellea, and about 50 pounds of Pleurotus ostreatus.

Offline Road Runner

Re: A few finds from yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 04:48:01 PM »
Did u eat the Super Mario mushrooms??

Offline jason atlantis odonnell

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 06:27:52 PM »
Dude be careful, those are dangerous in the fact that they are not all the same, some are way more potent then others, I am to scared to eat them!!! Have you tried them before??? You are a die hard!!!

Offline Road Runner

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 07:22:59 PM »
Did u eat the Super Mario mushrooms??

Not yet. I had some wine with dinner and don't want to risk an interaction. I'm going to wait 24 hours.

Haha ;) Nice haul and sweet pics!

Offline jason atlantis odonnell

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:47:11 PM »
Nice!! Right it is the reason I live here, between the diving and the mushrooms in salt point and the sea ranch, I never want to leave!! And it is raining right now!!!,

Offline ApneaAddict

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »
When I've eaten A. muscaria I was pretty underwhelmed. I did it the way Aurora recommends, boiling it for a long time in salty water. I found that it tasted a lot like you might imagine a piece of mushroom boiled for a long time in salty water might taste- bland, salty, rather insipid.

With the first rains finally having fallen, I'm looking forward to doing some picking over T-day weekend. I found my first porcini of the season in my neighborhood last night. Unfortunately some asshat had stepped on it before I got to it. I still ate the scraps, though :D. Hopefully the porcini are up in earnest by the weekend and barring that, based on all the A. mellea reports I've been seeing, I think I'll check a few honey spots.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:23:54 PM by ApneaAddict »

Offline BuckNasty

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 02:48:23 AM »
if you want to crank some peyote and look for some more on a vision quest this weekend I'm down  j/k seriously though if you want to go scout for some out there and camp or not I'm game. 

Offline todd

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 11:04:36 AM »
At least you can talk about it on this forum,
Go look at my amanita muscaria rant on the spearboard site, they censored me "we have kids using this site" to talking about psychotropics........those guys are lame

Big chill may slow down fruiting action
Todd Stagnaro

Offline todd

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 01:38:23 PM »

The fair is cool, this freeze will mess up their foray for specimens....they get fungi from grass valley and everywhere...
Hopefully this freeze doesn't mess my dune matsutake in humboldt, they just started popping....

Todd Stagnaro

Offline BuckNasty

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »
Nothing illegal for me.

Come hit up the MSSF fungus fair in SF with me and the girlfriend. We are going hunting after.

was joking, I just want something to cook.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast