collapse

Author Topic: Fish/Crab Cakes from left over striper  (Read 541 times)

Offline polespear86

Fish/Crab Cakes from left over striper
« on: June 24, 2013, 08:07:41 PM »
I made some striper cakes with the left over striper I had today. I had already grilled the striper and ate most of it. I had maybe a pound and a half left that I kept in containers in the fridge.

Ingredients
1 Stick of butter
2 2-3 crabs or 1-2 fish(1 large 20lbs+ fish)
3 stems of green onion
2-4 tsp of garlic
3-4 eggs
1 package of saltine crackers
2 tsp of crusher black pepper
2 tbsp of cajun seasoning
1 cup of olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
1.Grill or pan sear the fish/crab( on a grill put a 1/8 tsp of butter and with a tsp of minced garlic on each filet/chunk of crab and wrap in tin foil on a grill).
2.Crush the saltine peppers in the package and ground it into fine pieces.
3.If you have fish pick through it and remove any bones.
4.In a mixing bowl, beat 3 eggs and add the diced onion, fish/crab, and package of crackers, pepper and cajun seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
5. Shape into 2 ounce patties; about 7 or 8 patties. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil.
6.Fry each patty for 5 minutes on each side or until crispy and golden brown.
7.Enjoy with your favorite beer while watching some Giants baseball.

[attachment deleted by admin]

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt