collapse

Author Topic: Timber Cove 6/16/13  (Read 333 times)

Offline StinkyPete

Timber Cove 6/16/13
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »
Sorry for the late post...

Went diving Timber Cove on Sunday before Father's day looking for some abs.

Water was pretty calm, 1-2 foot swells for the most part with a good break between sets.   Was pretty windy to the point where we daisy chained the kayaks and clipped off each one to the kelp.

Visibility was about 20' at the surface, and at the bottom ran about 25'.  Was very happy about the great vis.

Ended up not finding too much...2 abs up to 9.25" and one at 8.75".  Saw about 8 or so lings, but all were short.  Also pulled one urchin around 45 feet down.

Altogether a great day, but I'm starting to lose hope that the elusive 10" abalone I'm searching for is a resident of Timber Cove.
Carpe piscem

Offline NorCal DiverDave

• Fish on
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/NCUWHdiverdave
Re: Timber Cove 6/16/13
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 08:24:27 PM »
Thanks for the report. I was thinking of going out Tues or Wens but it was very windy in Petaluma. Still is.

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt