collapse

Author Topic: What to do with vintage dive gear?  (Read 1119 times)

Offline IceColdChuck

• Spearfishing and Travel Blog
What to do with vintage dive gear?
« on: May 14, 2013, 11:07:31 AM »
I'm trying to clean out some storage spaces at work and I came across a bunch of vintage dive gear. Seems a pity top just throw it away but I can't really imagine anyone ever using it, not to mention all the rubber parts are completely deteriorated. There is an old wenoka knife that's still in good shape but it cracks me up looking at how oversized and macho it is, every good diver needs a small sword right? All this stuff is from the 70's and this photo is just a taste. I'm also figuring the neoprene suits have about zero value. Any thoughts before this stuff goes to the dump.

[attachment deleted by admin]
-Charlie
www.CharlesLaKamp.com and...

www.redtrianglespearfishing.com

"Survival is the ability to swim in strange water"
-Bene Gesserit Proverb

Offline MATT MATTISON

• Dreaming of the day abalone is re-opened
  • Administrator
  • Diving My HAPPY PLACE
    • http://norcalunderwaterhunters.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1815
Re: What to do with vintage dive gear?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »
Hey I will take that double hose reg off your hands and will pay shipping. it would be a great addition to my dive room I have.  Alos any other cool old dive gear you may have I will take. My self and a buddy are trying to put togther a dive mesuem.
CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL AT:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mattmattison/videos

THANK YOU TO MY AWESOME SPONSORS

Offline StinkyPete

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 11:23:19 AM »
I came across a similar treasure pile a few weeks ago.  Servicing it was too pricey, so I took it Diver Dan's in Santa Clara.  They donate things like the wetsuits, fins, etc. to groups that teach the disabled to scuba dive (used as pool equipment).  The regs and stuff are tricky since there's almost no value for them on ebay.  I think if you give them to the dive shop they'll sell them on ebay and keep the cash or donate them.
Carpe piscem

Offline maodiver

• Great Whites are Pussies
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
Ebay...lots of people will pay to outfit man caves, etc
Dad, what's for dinner?

Wookie steaks

Are they good?

Ehhh, they're a little Chewy.

Offline jason atlantis odonnell

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »
I know what that knife is for, wanna sell it? If so how much?

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt