collapse

Author Topic: How Long do you dive?  (Read 4406 times)

Abdvrob

Re: How Long do you dive?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »
hey myrel, your ok until she starts throwing rocks. then ya know your in trouble :boxing:

:laughing4: I have a funny visual in my head of this.

Offline JASON HOLLIDAY

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 08:05:31 AM »
 :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing4: Now thats the truth
Jason Holliday
Fishing pole's are over rated..........

Kai Kane

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 10:23:11 AM »
My girl got pissed alot.  than she bought me the immersion prowler dive comp.  :headbang:  Now she says I have no excuse though... :violent1: 

Offline Kaveh

• the ocean and I get along just fine
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »
seems like we can all agree that when the conditions rock and the vis is good we stay in as long as possible... personally, since I drive 2.5 hours each way, I like to get my money's worth and will stay in for at least 3 hours... if the conditions rock i may not stay in much longer....maybe 4 hours.. but i get pretty tired after that..

Since my bottom time is not that much..MAYBE 45 seconds or so i tend to do a ridiculous amounts of dives in those hours and it totally exhausts the system.  lately when i go with matt and jason and those guys i have found that 3 hours is just the beginning and i like that... cause my old dive buddies would take forever to get in the water that most of our time spent "diving" was simply getting wet.  these guys its suit up and get the hell in the water which i love doing.

next year i will be progressing towards spearfishing a lot more and ab diving a lot less, so i would imagine i will be spending more time in the water... only a few times have i gotten cold, and never since i got a semi-dry suit.. its not open cell, but honestly, somtimes i am actually hot in the dang thing so going open cell actually scares me.
diving the edible ocean since '99

Offline Kaveh

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »
oh.. average dive trip.. usually i leave between 6-7am and am back around 1-2... ONCE, we woke up, drove to fort bragg, dove and drove back in time for lunch.. lol.. we got to fortbragg as the sun was rising... that ill never do again.

Glaucus

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »
BigFin, you got a farmer john or a one pc?  I'm in a 7mil one pc (not open cell) and it's cold after a few hours. 

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 04:50:23 PM »
Glaucus its time for an open cell dude, you wont have a problem staying in for 4 hours
Stacy Stephenson
Rock Hard Dive free NCUWH's

Offline gsharp

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »
I think around an hour or so is average I like to hang out in the water longer if vis and no damn rip to bug me. Those are the days at the abalone supermarket  :headbang: I usually leave by 4:30 or 5:00 am and return 11 or 12 hours later 3 hrs up 3 hrs back. then :occasion14: tall tales time!

tom

Tom, where do you live that it is a 3 hour drive?  That's what it is for me.
Glen Sharp

Abdvrob

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 07:28:24 PM »
And me, Im in Concord.

Offline Kaveh

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
3 hours from concord? you guys are adding a half hour to your drive however you slice it.. lol.. i am in lafayette and it takes me almost exactly 2.5hours to get up there.

glaucus,

i wear a 1 pc 7ml semi-dry, hood attached.. so it has seals around my wrists and ankles to keep the water my body warms up in the suit so i stay warm longer by not using more body heat to constantly reheat water as it cycles through the suit.. i highly recommend it... ive seen those blokes squeezing into those open cell and yes they do seem cool, but i got a lot of body fa...er... weight on me so i have yet to get cold in my suit.... and frankly its easy to get in and out of.

Glaucus

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »
Seems like my options are pretty clear.  Keep on freezing my balls off: :crybaby2:  Stop being such a cheap ass and get an open cell suit: :dontknow:  Increase my body fat % until I'm warm for 4 hours at a time.   :laughing4:

Now I just have to decide. :help:

Offline Kaveh

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 03:10:08 PM »
drink more.

:puke:

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 04:54:02 PM »
Seems like my options are pretty clear.  Keep on freezing my balls off: :crybaby2:  Stop being such a cheap ass and get an open cell suit: :dontknow:  Increase my body fat % until I'm warm for 4 hours at a time.   :laughing4:

Now I just have to decide. :help:
Go with the open cell if you add body fat you lose cardio, break out that wallet and give up the shells, BTW the free dive shop will be having its annual end of year sale next month first come first serve keep your eyes open
Stacy Stephenson

Abdvrob

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 08:46:50 PM »
I agree with Stacy and Kaveh, buy the suit (you'll love the damn thing), and drink more! No reason you cant do both, I DID.  :occasion14:

Offline Stacy Stephenson

• surrender the booty
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 11:43:21 PM »
 :icon_cheers:Rob you finally spelled my name right thanks Bro :icon_cheers:
Stacy Stephenson

noob spearo podcast

THE SPEAR Spearfishing Podcast

Support the NCUWH Website

Help support the NorCal Underwater Hunters Website by donating today.

Your decision to contribute is strictly voluntary. If you see value in this website: meeting new dive buddies, posting dive reports, a place to post your pictures, sharing great fish stories, plan out of town hunting trips, etc..., then please contribute. All proceeds go towards supporting the costs to host and maintain this awesome website.

If you prefer to send a check or money order, please PM me, MATT MATTISON, for the address.

Thanks!
Matt